Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

exercise and food

Hi can some one help me, If I exercise in the day and earn extra Calories can I then eat more on that day...Confused my brother told me I cant........

thank you Kels

Replies

• cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    in a nut shell yes you can eat more you cals are already in deficit to achieve your for-casted weight-loss without exercise. if you go to community and diet and weight loss help there are posts with thumb tacks they are written by the creators there are some really intresting article in there one of which explains why you should eat your exercise cals x
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    apologies for my poor spelling and grammar. I hope you can still understand what I have written x
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    thank you so much......Im the worest speller in the world....hehehehe
  • J9Fab
    J9Fab Posts: 3
    I agree with cerysrhi.

Also check this out where this exact discussion took place recently. In short, you should limit yourself to, (eg) 1200 calories per day plus eat any calories you earn in exercise, ie if you do 300 calories worth of exercise, then you should eat (1200+300=) 1500 calories. Otherwise your body will go into "starvation". I have only recently grasped this myself after seeing a nutritionist as I could not work out why I was sticking to 1200 calories religiously but still couldn't shed kilos, despite how many calories of exercise I burnt. My body effectively was hanging onto whatever fat stores I had because I was starving it & my energy levels dropped dramatically.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/175011-exercise-and-food