Hello and what do the numbers mean?

Options
fimm
fimm Posts: 191 Member
Hello and greetings from Edinburgh, Scotland! I've been using the MFP tool for a couple of weeks now, and am finding it very useful. However I have a question about the numbers. Here's my log from yesterday:

cals carbs fat protein
totals 1804 220 51 41
your daily goal 1837 252 61 68

So the bottom row is what I should have eaten, and the top row is what I did eat.
Now I don't want to get too hung up about my actual numbers, as I can make descisions myself to change them, but what I would like to know is what are they? Calories I understand, but what about the other numbers? Are they grammes of carbs/fat/etc, or something else? And how are they calculated? Is it s 40%/30%/30% rule, or something else?

I did have a look in the FAQ and on the forum, because I thought it would be explained somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. (Maybe I'm being stupid.)

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• mmelaniewalters
    Options
    its grams i think ... but basically as long as you r losing weight i wouldnt worry :0 x
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome aboard!
    FYI my bf loves Edinburgh and is taking me next year (we are from syd australia) thats besides the point

not all 'nutrients are listed in grams for eg sodium is in mg (u can change which nutrients u see in settings)

also i think the reason these are tracked is for those on special diets (diabetes low sodium etc) and also cause an excess of some of these things can lead to weight gain, ie sugar, carbs etc

I am not sure how they are calculated I am assuming as part of your recommended dietary intake
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A bit more information - the reason I am interested it that I am trying to loose a small amount of weight while training quite hard, so it is helpful to me to know what proportions of nutrients the site is recommending. I'll take a look at the settings, thank you for that tip.