Gday - another Aussie :)

Options
W0zzie
W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
Hi all

Newbie here from WA. Just wanted something for the iPhone to track calories - tried Livestrong and have been using it around 2 weeks - been on the exercise kick about 2 to 3 weeks. Getting results too :) but found the Livestrong app a bit lacking.

Signed up last night and configured and been using MFP just today but so far it's great. Can only go up (or down hopefully) from here... Just watching the cals, been using LightNEasy for night-time meals and exercising with XBox Kinect. Hope my enthusiasm has staying power.

Cheers

Replies

• mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Greetings ... from Victoria!

I love MFP. All the best with your goals.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello from QLD!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I'm from WA too. Perth to be more exact. The more Aussie's who join and add to the food database the better MFP gets. I'm sure you'll love it.
  • camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome mate! I'm from Melbourne but don;t hold that against me. Feel free to add me if you want...you too MsLisaB :-)
  • alisonstrickland
    Options
    Hi ya from NSW!!:happy:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi from Northern NSW
  • azalea30
    Options
    awesome there are quiet a lot of us on here. you will love MFP its so motivating i thinks. im from queensland brissie. tryung to find some others close by. good luck with it all
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hello from Isle of Man, GB:smile:
  • W0zzie
    Options
    Hey thanks all for the warm welcome

faithkins / azalea30 - LOL Banana Bender origins myself. Born in Ipswich :) Defected to Perth in my Air Force days - Wow 20yrs ago.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ipswich hey, oh dear haha. I bet you're glad to no be around those parts anymore hahhaha.
  • millie1969x
    Options
    hi wozzie i am also from western australia i have been doing the myfitnesspal calorie counter since being of january with a friend I have lost 4 kilos i know its a slow process because i don't exercise but i walk for a hour which is accomplishment for me.
  • W0zzie
    Options
    Hey Millie

That's cool - my thinking is any progress in the right direction is good progress. I've only lost 3kg since committing & I wasn't doing "any" exercise - and still don't do much in comparison to many on MFP. I do a daily walk to/from train to work - only about 20mins a day but I've started using Xbox Kinnect Biggest Loser for 1/2hr 4 or 5 times a week.
  • W0zzie
    Options
    Missed this - Big yes on that one Faith. Heaps of family & friends QLD wise though. Many were in Toowoomba when the Surf was up :/ Thankfully all safe and sound though.