Just started with MFP

Options
Hi everyone, i just started with MFP about a week ago and I will fill you in on my story.....

I moved countries 5 years ago and went from playing sport 3 days a week and gym 5 days a week to doing nothing - mainly because of the weather - went from living my whole life in a country where the weather is always good to a country where it rains all the time.... Anyway, before I knew it I had put on 15kg's in a year!

I moved again last year to Australia - and just the change of lifestyle meant I lost 9kg's in the first year - but have found that I couldn't get any more weight loss as I wasn't playing any sports or getting regular exercise nor was I really taking note of what I was eating.

Our company does health checks every year and this year i discovered that my Cholesterol - the bad kind - was way too high - dangerously high and that my BMI was up to 28! :(

I decided it was time to do something about it! This year our company has entered the BRW Corporate challenge triathlon - nothing major 400m swim, 10km cycle and 4km run. I started training for this and am now getting back to feeling restless if I am not getting some sort of exercise every day! I feel fantastic and I can certainly notice that I am feeling much better with myself and about myself.

However, because I wasnt watching what I was eating I realized I really needed to find a way to track my nutritional intake - and found MFP!

It's been great because its been a real eye opener - it certainly makes you aware of what you are eating and portion sizes. In the last week itself I have noticed that I am far more aware of the foods I am eating as well as portion sizes.

Im really looking forward to getting back in shape and feeling great - but more importantly I am looking forward to a longer life!

Replies