Last 10 Pounds Boredom

Options
I'm in (or I was in) my last 10 pounds, I was coming in under my calories, doing the JM shred every night, and I don't know what happened. The scale stopped moving and I got depressed and defeated. I have since put 3 pounds back on. I try to get back into the swing of things every morning, but by 3 or 4 pm, I develop this "what's the point" attitude and eat mindlessly. I haven't exercised in a week, I'm not sure what I want to get from this post, but hopefully some words of wisdom find me and kick my *kitten* back into gear

farmerwife87

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Try changing your goal to 0.5lbs/week. The closer you get to your goal weight the smaller your caloric deficit should be (eat closer to maintenance calories), and make sure you are eating most if not all of your exercise calories.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You've come this far, don't give up. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm working on the last 10lbs and it's HARD. But remember, even when the scale isn't budging, your body is STILL transforming with all your workouts. My scale has been STUCK for ages, however, I've lost 8.5 inches and people have commented more lately (since i've been stuck) about how good i look, then they did before. Weight is only one aspect of the whole picture. Toning, firming & losing inches on your body is equally (if not more) important. Try taking your measurements and instead of weighing-in, get your tape out.

I also did JM's 30 day shred for 30 days straight. It is NOT a program that you lose big numbers weight-wise on. Why? because it's not all cardio, it's strength & abs as well. It's intervals, it's circuits. You're toning as well as "losing". I only lost 4lbs the entire 30 days and i busted it hard. However 8.5 inches made a huge difference.

Don't give up. Maybe you should try doing your workout at 3-4pm when you start feeling this way. Leave it all on the gym floor.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    im sorry you are feeling this way. i too am kinda in a rut. the scale didn't move last week at all and i was burning about 800 calories a day at he gym and not eating my exercise calories and the stupid scale won't go down. don't give up yet. if you want add me and we can chat once a day to keep each other in check. i try to think f how i looked when i lost the weight before my baby and that kinda helps. i got noticed more by my hubby and i just felt soooo much better about myself. hope it helps
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)
  • ericaq
    ericaq Posts: 29
    Options
    I hit a "plateau" of sorts the last month or so as well. Was stuck at the same weight for a long time and got frustrated. I switched things up recently, eating every 3 hours, drinking TONS of water, limiting processed foods and have noticed a pretty significant difference in my weight. As far as meals go, I've switched up some of the things I was eating as well which definitely helped.

Good luck to you! Don't get frustrated...just change stuff up!
  • snowglassapples
    snowglassapples Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i know exactly how you feel! ive got 5lbs till my original goal but decided i want to lose 10lbs and its just not coming off!! im struggling to be good, ive taken up running but only 5 mins a day so far as i am very unfit so need to get myself used to it!

i think my problem also is im still breastfeeding my 10 month old and apparently your body holds on to a certain amount of fat while you ar bf'ing to make sure there is always food for the baby.

just wanted to let you know your not alone! i hope we find our motivation and lose those last pesky lbs!!!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I seem to have the same problem! I have been able to stay more positive this time but totally understand your frustration! I have fifteen lbs to go and seem to be at a stand still! Sometimes when I increase my water intake it helps or and I know this is hard but if you increase your calorie intake a little it can help. Keep working at it! Dont give up! Just chalk it up as a bad week and start again! You can do it!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I know that last 10 pounds is frustrating and you just want to meet your goal. But instead of being upset about not losing the last ten, be happy that you have lost everything you have so far.

Last year I was within 15 pounds of my goal, I had just lost 50 pounds and I had just gotten engaged. I was DETERMINED to lose that last 15 pounds before my wedding. Well, my greediness got the best of me (along with my wedding planning stress) and I ended up GAINING 13 before the wedding, and then putting on an additional 20 since the wedding! I SO wish I could go back, be happy with the 50 I lost and switched to maintainance until the wedding.

Try switching to maintainance or at least switching your goal to losing .5 pounds a week. Switch your focus to eating right and feeling good rather than what the scale says and it will come off in time. If you obsess about it too much, you could end up like me and gain most of it back.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose the last 10 lbs and also doing the 30 ds too-I initially lost 3 lbs when I started this site last month-now I feel I'm right back to square 1 and have actually gained 2 lbs back! I'm so disappointed and feel like giving up but my husband is on me about not giving up and its about feeling better and toning 1st-feel free to add me and we can get thru this together-we just need to stay strong
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Watching Biggest Looser and Loosing it with Jillian I have head Jillian say do what you hate when you hit a plateau. If you do the same exercise every night you are exercising the muscles that you have already built and toned there for not tearing down muscle. Do something totally different. Try jump roping or hula hooping. When I get sick of the gym I swim, or ice skate. I'm so excited for the snow to melt because I will be able to get on my bike soon.

Try something new/different.
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Sweetie you need to have a nice long talk with your self . look in the mirror and take a good long look at where you are now and where you were. The last few pounds are always the hardest. Change your routine a bit to shock your body. Up the excercise abit... Take a look at your diet and see what you can do to improve it... But most of all hold your chin up high and reconize your accomplishments..... Be proud of yourself.... You can do it.....
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have lost 7 and only have 10-15 to go. Last week I was under the weather and I took full advantage and ate all the comfort food that I wanted...i fell off this trend hard. Luckily I only gained back one pound with all of my detructiveness last week but I am trying really hard to get back on track. My "who cares" times is in the evening, so I have decided to take all sweets out of my house so if I get in my "who cares" mode i can skip the extra food and just go to bed. I have noticed since I stopped eating healthy and working out that I feel more sluggish. The more I work out and eat healthy the better I seem to feel. Maybe switch up your work out, it may be getting boring to you and assisting in you losing your drive. Switch it up...don't worry about the scale for awhile...like a month. Just do it for you, work out to be a healthier person, eat right to feel good and treat yourself well. Don't put so much emphasis on the number. Keep your head up!!!