Appetite Suppressants

Options
What are ones that you KNOW work! I need help now... Bingeing like crazy! Most people dont eat when they get depressed and I soo have to be the complete opposite. I eat like crazy! And here lately I have been fine and I am still eating like a deprived child. Soo I need help please.

Thank you.

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Well, I know that OxyElite Pro works--especially after the 4th day. But be prepared most answers you get will strongly discourage you from using any appetite suppressants. I am trying it because I am desperate. I know very few people approve, but that's ok with me.
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Drinking tea always helps keep me feel satisified throughout the day. I don't necessarily use it as a suppressant but my work day is incredibly boring so it keeps me from mindless munching. Of course, I try to have a well balanced day food wise otherwise so I'm not actually hungry.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Doing some exercise can lift your spirits. You will feel better after a run, a walk or a workout. Drink lots of water and breathe deeply!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A diet higher in protein and fiber will help keep you full longer.

As for the larger issue of binging, you may want to seek out other people on here who have gone through similar things and get their support. Conquering the psychological issues of binging will be a much better long term solution than pills.
  • frisk72682
    frisk72682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oxy elite pro!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Konjac glucomannan--which is the stuff that shiritaki noodles are made out of-- is a water-soluble dietary fiber extracted from a plant that comes in both a powder and a "gel cake" form. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konjac)

It's practically pure fiber and VERY filling because it takes so long to digest--which is why it's a key ingredient in some very expensive appetite supressants such as Leptoprin and Hoodia. It's also recommended for some diabetics as a natural way to stabilize glucose levels--which also stabilizes appetite, since spiking sugar levels make you hungry.

I buy the gel cakes from a local Asian market, and then hit it with a stick blender until it's the consistency of sort of a lumpy jam, and then stir in a couple of tbsp into soup, oatmeal, & veggies, stuffed peppers, rice, beans--all sorts of stuff. It has virtually no flavor, but does have an odd texture--so hiding it is my preference!

And MAN is it filling!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well, I know that OxyElite Pro works--especially after the 4th day. But be prepared most answers you get will strongly discourage you from using any appetite suppressants. I am trying it because I am desperate. I know very few people approve, but that's ok with me.
    i second oxielite pro, it does curb your appetite, there is also Recreate made by the same company that make oxi and that one helps but isn't as strong as oxi!
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    Drinking tea always helps keep me feel satisified throughout the day. I don't necessarily use it as a suppressant but my work day is incredibly boring so it keeps me from mindless munching. Of course, I try to have a well balanced day food wise otherwise so I'm not actually hungry.

I have a desk job so I know exactly what you mean. That is why I am searching for a good suppressant cause thats all I do is mindless eating.
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options

I will have to try it... any suggestions on where to get it at the best price?
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    when i want to eat like that i will drink a bottle of water pretty quickly and then im full...lol