Low Cal Savory Breakfast ideas

Options
Anyone have any simple low fat savory breakfast ideas... I was craving something like eggs and bacon and hashbrowns lol but went with yogurt fruit and grains instead, anyone have any easy simple savory breakfast to fullfil the salty craving ?? Thanks!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you need to eat some protein--it will make you feel full longer. You shoudl consider egg beaters---you get a lot for little calories as well as a very small amount of fruit---a nice balance of protein and carbs so your blood sugar does not rise and then crash---which will make you hungry and crave more junk.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Here's one of my faves!

1 whole wheat english muffin, toasted
    1 hard boiled egg, sliced
    1 tablespoon light mayo & 1 tablespoon light sour cream, mixed together
    1/4 cup low cal cheese (cheddar, mozz, whatever you like)

on each side of bagel put 1/2 of egg, 1/2 of mayo/sour cream mixture and top with cheese. Put under the broiler in your oven for about 3 minutes. Yumm-O!!!!!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried turkey bacon? It's about half the calories of regular bacon.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I do an Egg Beater omelet with one slice of low sodium turkey bacon, 1/2 c. Ore Ida O'brien hashbrowns ( i don't fry in oil ) and a little reduced fat cheese. DELICIOUS! I will have a slice of sourdough toast with it. Perfect breakfast.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love the bagel thins and I smear it with a laughing cow light cheese wedge and add a slice of deli ham or turkey, yum!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I've never been a hashbround fan so I can't help with that. But, I do like eggs and bacon. I have found that I don't like plain egg whites, but I eat one whole egg and one egg white almost every morning. The yolk contains a ton of calories and I've found that just one yolk has enough flavor for me and the additional egg white makes it bulky enough to fill me up. Turkey bacon is a good substitute for regular bacon too. :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Some people don't like the idea of salmon for breakfast, but I sometimes like a whole wheat pita with a laughing cow cheese wedge spread on it and some smoked salmon. I also like that for lunch sometimes.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any simple low fat savory breakfast ideas... I was craving something like eggs and bacon and hashbrowns lol but went with yogurt fruit and grains instead, anyone have any easy simple savory breakfast to fullfil the salty craving ?? Thanks!!

I have that type of meal every now and then but I switched the type that I buy. I only use the liquid egg yoke and picked up healthier low fat bacon. I know only eat one or two strips of bacon instead of 5 or 6.
  • svackar
    Options
    most days I start out with an omelet (1 egg, 2 servings of Egg beaters, sara lee ham slices, spinash) and then 2 slices of 45 calorie wheat bread. for a special treat I might has some precooked bacon in place of ham. if time is an issue - market day has some small mini cheese omelets that are really good too.