hi everyone

madamelaporte
madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Im Claire :)
A friend recommended this site to me to help aid my weight loss. The problem is I keep forgetting to come on here :(
I want to lose 15lbs so literally just over a stone :) Im hoping I can do it as I must admit I am a bit of a diet hopper but this looks like a good way to stick with things :)
Hope you are all having good luck with your weight loss x

Replies

• ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Hi Claire,
    Welcome. Try to make logging your food and exercise part of your daily routine. Not the end of the world if you miss a day here and there, but writing it down is good for staying on target.
    Sticking to a sensible level of weightloss - max 2lbs per week you can reach your target in 8 weeks! not a very long time to look and feel how you've probably wanted to for a while. It takes discipline, but there's plenty of people here to support you, and give advice where necessary.
    Get into the habit of doing some exercise evry day, even if its just a 20 minute walk. This doesn't have to be hard, its just about making the right choices. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Well, if this helps...the is the first and only thing I have ever stuck to when it comes to weight loss! I am only about 3-4 weeks in, but it's been great. Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone? There's an app you can download that helps keep me up with my food diary because I can use it on the go! Add me as a friend if you'd like. It really helps having people encouraging you and also to be able to encourage others and see what's working for them!
  • Same with me...the 1st thing I have actually been able to stick to, and Ive lost about 4 lbs in 5-6 weeks. So its slow, and eventual changed, BUT its easy, fun, and VERY supportive. And if you have a small goal, like me and yourself...its great!

Good Luck! :smile:
  • Hi Claire

This place is a good place to be. The people here are very supportive and friendly.
    Please try to log in as often as you can. If you would like you can add me as a friend to your friends list. Good luck with your goal!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Hi, added you. Good to see you here.

Must get over to The Nest more. See you here or there. S x
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone :) and all the advice. Alot of people have said they have stuck to this more than anything else so I am hoping I can stick with it too :)

I have been poorly over the weekend so lost 4lbs in 3 days which I know is obviously not going to stay off.

I am on the computer pretty much every lunchtime and in th evenings as come on here when the children are napping/sleeping for the night so I just need to get it in my routine to come on here too and add my food intake etc.

I get out and about with the children every day so normally running around or at least walking around with them quite alot but does this count as exercise?!?! Now I am better I am planning to do my workout dvd 3 times a week (have stuck to this for the past 3 weeks) and also 2 nights a week do some floor work so more crunches/leg lifts etc.

Thanks again
  • 5grn9
    5grn9 Posts: 36
    Hi Claire! Welcome!

I'm new here as well, just about a week now and my goal is to loose 15 lbs as well!! Usually the hardest to loose is the last 10 or so right! So I'm hoping this site will help me do just that!! It has bit a bit of a struggle some days to only eat 1200 calories b/c I'm hungry!!! Usually having a single serving (100 calorie) popcorn help me in the evening. I do exercise but don't want to eat ALL the extra calories I gain. Welcome!!! and heres to us loosing the 15!
  • Hi,

I'm looking to lose around the same amount of weight as you. This site is a great help to keep me on track.

From,
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.