Woes of a 12 yr old

Charrisse
Charrisse Posts: 163
edited September 24 in Success Stories
So my son had a friend over last night, and he kept going to the fridge opening it and standing there. I poked my husband in the ribs and whispered "Ask him what the heck he's doing.." LOL So my husband asked, and the kids says "All you have is healthy food, I can find anything in here to eat!"

Baahahaha small victory!

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    *rofl* that is so funny.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    LOL!!! they dont like fruit chillers (<- only 55 calorie ) or frozen yogurt? mine do I dont really buy ice cream anymore only once in a while.
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    That will teach him so stop snooping in other people's fridges!! LOL!! :laugh:
  • I had to order my 14 year old babysitter a pizza one night because I had nothing that she'd eat. Ha.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    I have the opposite problem, I can not keep my kids away from my salad ingredients, the greek yogurt, kashi bars, premeasured S.S. water bottles for the day, my stuff is constantly missing. But I am not complaining.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    haha

I feel so lucky to have my son roll with the punches - he usually enjoys whatever and even helps me keep on track (Mom, are you sure you have enough calories left for today to eat this? lol)
  • Oh man, this kid is a sugar addict. Everytime he comes over he is snooping for cookies, candies something sweet. In thr fridge right now is yogurt, cheese, eggs, egg beaters, wheat bread, apples, grapes left over taco meat big bowl of salad and milk.
    He finally opted for the most sugary thing he could find - Cheerios and dumped sugar on them LOL

Luckily my 3 kids love healthy food (not that they wouldnt eat the junk if I bought it!)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    That is great!!! Funny!!!! But sadly true! With the way kids eat today it is a wonder the world is not overweight!! You are a good roll model!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    LOL! toooo funny!
  • jenallen15
    jenallen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Funny ..My 12 year old steals my 90 cal fiber one bars... Grrrrr
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    I have tried to teach my kids (9 and 7) as much as possible about a healthy lifestyle. I hear about how their friends bring cookies and Doritoes in their luch bags and my kids have fruit and yogurt. Fortunately its sinking in and they understand (although not always 100% agree with) our family's choices. Its a shame that more families are not like yours, the childhood obesity rate would be so much lower!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    This is just sad to me...Alot of kids are this way and it seems like their parents are too distracted or uneducated to help them. I was this kid...and it took away a third of my life, just because I didnt have anyone around to teach me what real food is.

This reminds me of being in the car shop a couple months ago. This lady had a kid there and was a distracted, permissive parent. (the usual status quo now) Her kid kept going to the snack machine...staring in it. He had just polished off a bag of McDonalds. and all he could do was stare in the snack machine. Eventualy the kid took his mom's purse and began digging in it, in front of her, taking HER MONEY out of her pocketbook and began to buy snacks from the snack machine! I could see that there was no mental process, it was just a wire from the brain to the hand going off: Sugar sugar sugar sugar must eat more sugar
    He bought two bags of chips, a candy bar and a soda without asking her and devoured half of it after eating a value meal from mcdonalds, and mommy was just pleased as punch to let him, as long as she didnt have to get off the phone and interact with him. In fact, they were going for pizza later.
    If you ask me, its child abuse...
  • My daughter steals my low calorie yoghurts, my Special K cereal bars, eats my OatsoSimple, drinks my sparking water - and she's 16 and a tiny size 8 (UK size). Then she'll go out with her friends to McDonald's leaving me with the last shrivelled apple in the fruit bowl.:grumble:
  • LOL. My husband is that way. Sucks when I have to spend more on grocieries, but I get to fully enjoy my fruits and veggies. One grumble though, he found my stash of twix (fun size) and ate them all :grumble: :noway: made me mad cause those would have lasted me 3 months if he hadn't eaten them in less than a week-- he so can't blame me for his belly (I tried to hide them from him)
  • This is just sad to me...Alot of kids are this way and it seems like their parents are too distracted or uneducated to help them. I was this kid...and it took away a third of my life, just because I didnt have anyone around to teach me what real food is.

This reminds me of being in the car shop a couple months ago. This lady had a kid there and was a distracted, permissive parent. (the usual status quo now) Her kid kept going to the snack machine...staring in it. He had just polished off a bag of McDonalds. and all he could do was stare in the snack machine. Eventualy the kid took his mom's purse and began digging in it, in front of her, taking HER MONEY out of her pocketbook and began to buy snacks from the snack machine! I could see that there was no mental process, it was just a wire from the brain to the hand going off: Sugar sugar sugar sugar must eat more sugar
    He bought two bags of chips, a candy bar and a soda without asking her and devoured half of it after eating a value meal from mcdonalds, and mommy was just pleased as punch to let him, as long as she didnt have to get off the phone and interact with him. In fact, they were going for pizza later.
    If you ask me, its child abuse...

I agree with you. Kids will be kids, but thats what parents are for to teach them, watch over them and care for them. Ugg-- I'm not even a parent (yet) and that ticks me off.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    lol too funny! My teenage son used to go to his dad's and say I had no food in my house! Then he'd call me or my son would come back and tell me comments the step-mom would make about how they pay child support but I don't buy food, etc.... I finally told my ex- that I did indeed have food -- just not the junk that he wanted to eat!!! I think I told him to tell his wife to STFU also and mind their own stinking business!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!