Net calories?

Options
I am just trying to get some clarification here. I have a calorie goal of 1550 (in my opinion that is the "max" so I am for between 1200 and 1550) anyway. I add in my exercise and my net calories are floating between 750 and 1300 depending on how bad my day was. Is this okay since I never eat under the 1200 or should I am for a net of at least 1200? I have never counted using the "net calories" instead of just calorie intake.

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    PS I haven't lost 0 lbs! Only 0 since coming here... I have lost nearly 30 sofar and have just 20 left to get to my first big goal.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Don't get too confused. Underestimate your exercise by atleast 1/2 (say the machine says you burn 150 calories, write it in as 75), EAT 1200 calories a day ("net") and you'll start dropping weight. :))
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't get too confused. Underestimate your exercise by atleast 1/2 (say the machine says you burn 150 calories, write it in as 75), EAT 1200 calories a day ("net") and you'll start dropping weight. :))

I use my polar HR monitor when I work out to better estimate calorie burn. Should I still underestimate by 1/2?