To all the coffee addicts

kaylamae90
kaylamae90 Posts: 26
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I just saw on Dr. Oz that drinking your morning coffee can help prevent diabetes! Thats one caffeine drink I can feel good about now.

Replies

• Haha, I just can't give up my coffee - and now I have a reason not too! Besides, I just bought an espresso machine...I just can't let that go to waste right? Skim milk, sugar free syrups, and two shots of espresso make a good latte. ;)
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Yeah, I don't put a lot of crap in mine (lol, just a little crap). But if this is a change for life and not a diet I just can't give up my coffee!
  • :drinker: i only have 1 coffee per day, so i wont give that up... i figure there are worse things i could be eating or drinking and i always use lowfat milk and splenda
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Im doing a diet that says no caffeine..ahhhhh..... coffee is like breathing..to me...its been so hard... but on saturdays I have to have a cup.... thats my treat cheat..lol
  • Since starting with MFP and realising how many calories are in latte and cappuccino I have cut down my consumption considerably. I'm now mostly drinking instant decaf and skimmed milk at home and americano (decaf if possible) with skimmed milk (or semi if skimmed not available). I just have one or two latte or cappuccino a week usually as a treat on a day when I've earned plenty of exercise calories.
  • I used to drink a pot of coffee a day (I'm a writer, what do you expect?) About 2 months ago, I gave up the pot and gradually in 2 weeks weaned myself down to 2-4 smaller coffee cups a day. I cannot give it up, nor do I plan to - but when I read that in a magazine a couple of weeks ago, I was so happy that at least THAT could remain untouched. I've made far too many changes for me to feel comfortable giving up my whole lifestyle.
    I'm working on cutting things down rather than out. :)
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    I have a cup of coffee every day (with two tablespoons of Sugar Free CoffeeMate). I suffer from migraines, and if I skip my morning coffee, the chances of a migraine increase like crazy for me. Glad Dr. Oz approves of my daily dose!
This discussion has been closed.