P90X - some advise please

Options
I have been reading about the P90X system and no doubt that it looks very very good for losing weight and toning up. I am seriously thinking of buying it. The worry I have is I've noticed it is a 6 x 1hour per day routine for 90 days which will clash with my football training/games - I wouldnt have the time for all of this!

has anyone tried P90X and just incorporated some of it into their routine or is it an all or nothing approach?

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    your can taylor it to your schedule, three days are resistance training and the other days are cardio and yoga, so you could make your own schedule if you wanted to or even do doubles, p90x plus your regular football traininig!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I play a lot of sports as well so I couldnt dedicate the time to only do p90x.....i use the workouts I want and just add them into my workout when I want something to mix things up
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both did P90X. He was able to stick to the schedule more, but I wasn't able to. I found the workouts to be intense enough that as long as they were done consistently, just not as often - they were effective!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I going to start P90X soon (I had to place it on hold due to illness).
    My plan is to do the regular workouts 3x/week and run on the other days. I would like to try and say I will double up on those days, but Im not sure I have the time to do it.

I would venture to think that it is better than the NOTHING I am doing for cross training right now... :)
  • Oppie81
    Options
    Its a great workout! I love going to the gym and interacting with other people so i just do P90X a few times a week and I still feel like I am getting something out of it!
  • hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies

the nutrition part of it seems the hardest - 1 carb portion per day when in the 30 day "shredding" phase :-(
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Go P90x!
    Easy solution? double up on workouts...
    More complicated solution? just work the p90 schedule around your football schedule! what do you do at training? you must do some interval training/cardio? those days can be swapped for P90 plyo/cardio/kenpo. Do you do strength training for football? swap with whatever muscle group is comparable with the p90 days.
    Also, P90x is "1 hour" but Tony's warm ups are long and boring, and he adds a lot of breaks between sets. You can easily do a video in 45 mins, depending on the number of reps and the amount of weight you are pushing.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Its an awesome program with so many workouts you shouldn't get bored. The nutrition is definitely key so push yourself to stick to that as well.