Phentermine

Options
My doctor has started me on Phentermine she had me on it about four years ago for 6 months I lost over 60 pounds and gained about 10 pounds when I stopped taking it I kept the weight off for over three years but in the last few months I have put on 30 pounds my weight gain so was rapid that she is afraid that my diabetes is going to come back in a major way.
I am hoping to find someone that has taken Phentermine or is currently on Phentermine to talk to about Phentermine or dieting on an RX
Bree

Replies

• RedOctober1971
    RedOctober1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this, as well. I took Phen/Fen about 15 years ago and had some heart valve damage as a result. My understanding is that it was the "Fen" part that was the problem, though. I would be interested in knowing how the phentermine works and giving it a shot. I want to lose about 25 pounds now.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Ive taken it several times, I always gained the weight back. That's why I'm learning how to do it naturally using MFP now. I had to learn how to control my hunger myself without relying on the pill.
  • classicshell
    Options
    My md had given me some phen, but I only took it for a few days. It made me aggressive, moody, and just generally more angry. It felt like I was taking testosterone! LOL! But, I find that losing it on your own not only gives you a bigger sense of accomplishment (allowing you the determination to keep it off), but also much better controlled.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i had my doctor prescribe it to me in january because a friend of mine swore by it -- said it gave her so much energy and that she was never hungry. i took it for about a week and absolutely HATED it! it made me jittery and irritable and made it impossible for me to sleep. i don't plan on ever taking it again!