Phentermine

Options
My doctor has started me on Phentermine she had me on it about four years ago for 6 months I lost over 60 pounds and gained about 10 pounds when I stopped taking it I kept the weight off for over three years but in the last few months I have put on 30 pounds my weight gain so was rapid that she is afraid that my diabetes is going to come back in a major way.
I am hoping to find someone that has taken Phentermine or is currently on Phentermine to talk to about Phentermine or dieting on an RX
Bree

Replies

• beautifulnow
    Options
    bump
  • paleonyx
    paleonyx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've used Phentermine for dieting in the past. I did have more weight loss than dieting alone since it helped with energy and appetite suppression. I eventually stopped taking it because I was just too afraid of the side effects. I found if I always took it exactly as directed (about an hour before breakfast) I had a great day. I had energy all day and was significantly less hungry. But, after 2 months I found it was was not affecting me as it had before, I had probably started developing a tolerance.
  • mimis1968
    Options
    Hi, that would be me. I am 42 years old, I've experienced steady weight gain the past 10 years but more so in the last 5 years. I am hypertensive (hereditary) but the extra weight adds to it. My doctor put me on phentermine in late October. I took it during November and December, off two weeks and back on again for 2 months. So far I've lost 15 lbs on it. I've been watching what I eat but I will admit I'm not always good about it. I try to excersise regularly but I am not very consistent. What do you think about phentermine? Are you ok with it?
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Well phentermine is a esy way to lose weight. (my opinion) But I feel like phentermine works so well as a appetite suppressant that your not really able to deal with knowing how to eat and feeling when enough is enough. I know that probably dont make any sense, but with phentermine your not hungry. But you know that you need to eat, so you eat, even though your not hungry and your not experiencing the mental feeling of eating. lol Or maybe even you dont eat, because your not hungry. When I took it, I always started to get hungry late in the evening. For me I felt as if I was not eating enough.......I probably ate 4-5 hundred calories a day.

But what I recently started doing is......taking a half a pill in the morining. And that is it!! It seems to me that it works alot better for me. I still want to eat, but yet I still feel that feeling that phentermine gives you. But yeah if you take it for a long time then you will definetly get immune to it!! My sister is taking 2 a day right now just for that reason. And you know what, for taking 2 a day as long as she has been, she should be a skinny minnie...!! But why not??? Because she is not eating right and not exercising. She dont eat allday, then at dinner she eats whatever she wants(pizza, fast food). She does not exercise at all. Im sure her metabolism is no good and shes pretty much starving her body.

But I feel good taking a half a pill a day, I eat healthy, I exercise......And I dont want to lose this weight fast, I want to take my time and learn how to live a healthier lifestyle. I have been doing some weight training, and I feel like that is one of the best things that I am doing, besides eating healthier. I love phentermine but it should not be abused. Take a break once in a while....You cant take it forever. You have to learn to fight your inside demons yourself. And the half a pill gives me the strength to get up and do something. But now since I have been doing this late in the evening Im not hungry because I am eating my meals. And when Im normally wore out at night, probably from not getting enough calories, now Im feeling good. I clean at night before I go to bed.....I just feel better!! And I know at night that half a pill is long gone.....But I still feel good. When I was taking a whole pill, I had issues with sleeping. Now I dont......

But this is what works for me....You need to find what works for you. I get so dang tired about hearing the starvation mode on this site. Its like a bunch of vultures on here. But I do believe in the starvation mode. But I feel like if you fall under 1200 calories you will not neccesarily go into the SM. I seen that if you eat under 50% of your bmr that you can get into the sm. But you dont go into it instantly. So my bmr is 1666. So 833 or less I can put myself in the SM if I keep eating that way. But even if your in the sm you will still lose weight just not as fast. Which I eat more than 833 calories a day. But I dont believe you have to eat your exercise calories. If that was the case my husband woulld be 100 pounds!!! He is in the army and he exercises all the time!! And he dont eat unhealthy. He said that he feels like he probably burns all the food he eats everyday. lol And he is muscles all over!! Solid as a rock.

Now I just started doing this.....And thinking this way, and I love it!! My whole life I was brainwashed about watching carbs....atkiins diet. And this and that..........lol And Im over it!!! I want to eat 1200 calories or close to it a day, and exercise. I feel like you can not avoid carbs, you have to learn how to eat them. Which Yeah the atkins diet is slowly teaching you to eat carbs. But I just dont like it.....I use to love the atkins diet. Most of the time I feel as if Im torturing myself!!! lol But for once I feel like Im in charge of my body!! I feel great!!

Oh and I weigh myself every morning before I do anything. But I dont log in my weight loss everyday. I want something really good to log the next time I do log. And just to say I started on January 21st. But I love seeing the weight slowly come off. And especially the days that maybe I ate too much, because I know that is when my body actually kicked in and is helping me to keep burning calories or fat. Not just my mind trying making me not to eat so I can burn calories of fat. My muscles for once is helping me........lol Oh and I have been getting up like at 3 am getting one of my under 100 calorie snacks and eating it, and I have still been losing weight!! And Im sure its from eating 1000 calories a day then late night eating those extra calories. lol I know .....Im crazy!! Probably dont make sense to alot of people, or people might start getting fussy about taking phentermine or fussing about the Starvation Mode, but I dont care!! Everyones body is different. You gotta do what works for you and what works for you to keep it off!! And this works for me.....I am definetly living a healthier lifestyle.

But enough rambling!! LMAO.......I Love Phentermine!! It Helps, just dont abuse it, and take breaks!! I dont even take it everyday....even though I do just take a half a day. Good Luck........xoxoxoxoxo
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump