20 green grapes = 100 Calories

Options
Omg really? I already ate half. LOL

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

what are you getting at? fruit has natural sugar and tend to have a few more cals than veggies.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    this is why I prefer to stay away from fruit----go for sliced cucumber with some PB2 instead--
  • jpeebs88
    Options
    "Fruit - Grapes - Green Small" 1 cup = 25 grapes = 58 calories.

Always double check other options if you think it sounds WAY too high
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    and that is why its good to log...you learn just what your downfalls could be. Grapes are very moreish tho!

BTW I was always told to count each average grape as 3 cals
  • BenJoeM
    Options

The world record holder for losing the most weight was a guy who lost over 500lbs twice. The second time he was convinced he had a disease because he said he gains weight just from eating healthy foods. He swears he never eats bad food only fruits and veggies. They asked what was his favorite fruit to eat in a day and he said, apples. They asked how many he ate in a day and he said...usually a case.

It is all about portion control. Losing weight is 90% nutrition. Even the good stuff can be bad.
  • plagirl227
    Options
    The world record holder for losing the most weight was a guy who lost over 500lbs twice. The second time he was convinced he had a disease because he said he gains weight just from eating healthy foods. He swears he never eats bad food only fruits and veggies. They asked what was his favorite fruit to eat in a day and he said, apples. They asked how many he ate in a day and he said...usually a case.

LMBO!!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I work with a personal trainer who is also a certified nutritionist. We log all food with the exception of fresh fruit and vegetables. He says as long as I am consuming them in moderation, the benefits by far outweigh the calories. The exception is dried fruits like raisins as the sugar content is so concentrated it is easy to over do.

And he has fruit in some form at each meal on my eating plan. Orange/grapefruit/pineapple juice at breakfast, apple/pear/peach for lunch and unsweetened applesauce or other fruit with dinner.

Here's the plan I follow:
    Breakfast
    1 serving fruit
    1 serving starch
    2 servings protein
    1 serving dairy

Lunch
    1 serving fruit
    2 servings vegetable
    1 serving starch
    3 servings protein (a serving is an ounce) - lean meat, low fat cheese, reduced fat peanut butter
    1 tsp fat (olive oil, mayo, margerine, butter, cream
    1 serving dairy

Dinner
    1 serving fruit
    2 servings vegetables
    3 servings protein (tuna, chicken fish
    1 serving fat (avocado, olives, sour cream, olive oil)
    1 serving dairy (1 cup 1%, 2%, or low fat buttermilk.)

He says protein should be more than sugar, at least 3 grams of fiber and less than 2000 mg of sodium.

Hope this is helpful in some way.