MFP Biking Challenge June 22

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
HEY GANG!

Another week has past--how did everyone do this week?

I got in a total of 75 miles.

How's everyone else doing? What are you goals for the coming week? Keeping the same ones or setting new ones?

I think I'm aiming for 80 miles this week.

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    HEY GANG!

Another week has past--how did everyone do this week?

I got in a total of 75 miles.

How's everyone else doing? What are you goals for the coming week? Keeping the same ones or setting new ones?

I think I'm aiming for 80 miles this week.
  • shorerider
    Options
    fiets870.gif

Bumping for the other bikers out there to see and update each other!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    HELLOOO!

Where are all the bikers???

I got in 32 miles this morning, then had to call for a SAG pick-up from hubby. A little storm came up and I didn't want to ride through that. Really windy, too.

That puts me at 305 miles so far for the month of June!!!!!!!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Last week I did 69.7. This week my goal is 75 miles

Monday-19.7
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was out of town last week so no biking miles. I'm back in the saddle tomorrow A.M.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    I was out of town for the weekend with out my bike. I ended the week at 70 miles. I hope to do a bit better this week. I will try for my 100 miles per week again. Happy cycling all!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    No bikers this morning??? I am going to ride this evening. It just started out HOT here in Alabama today. I just couldn't motivate to get out there. Hubby is coming home early so I think I will skip boot camp tonight and go for a ride with him.

Headed to the gym now for some weight training and yoga. My legs are tight, tight, tight and some good stretching in the air conditioning sounds like just what need!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I can't ride today. Just got back from one meeting, got two more yet today. Plus, I figure I'd take a break after my 32 miler yesterday, then do a 20 miler or so tomorrow, and then do one more 40 miler this week--maybe even try for 45 :glasses:
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I biked today! 16 miles
  • shorerider
    Options
    My pedals w/toe cages came today!!!!! Hubby is putting them on for me, so I'll be trying them out tomorrow for my ride!!

I'm so excited!! I'll feel like a "real" biker now!

excited.gif
  • jadaigle
    Options
    Got to mile 5.3 yesterday when I hit a large rock and flattened my rear tire. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    My training plan called for a week rest. No bike, that is. Gym would be allowed but guess who was too lay?
    Goal this week is 40 miles ( longest trip).

Tailwinds

Steff
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in 21.9 miles this morning on my route--and did it in an average of 13.37 MPH! That is about 1 mph faster than the last time, and I really think it's the toe cages.

The toe cages, even if just the first time using them, showed me I had terrible form! I tried pedaling with one leg a bit to learn the "oval pedal" instead of "up/down/up/down" and what a difference!

AND, my right foot didn't go numb either!!!

That gives me 43 miles so far for this week and puts me at 326.6 for the month!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Monday-19.7
    Tuesday-15.8, plus yoga and strength training
    Weds-13.5
  • stschulz
    Options
    Finished a 42 mile ride today and man was that a ride!
    After a week rest I felt really strong and thought even towards the end of the ride I could still be going if I had to. Guess that is the whole idea of periodization. My ride today was a 25% increase over the last ride before the break. Now it is 10% increments again for the next 3 weeks. One thing I can now already tell for sure: if I stay healthy and have no injuries I WILL be able to ride the metric century in August.
    Earned 3100 calories:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Guess what I'lldo?
    Yep, I'll go and eat a nice lunch that I usually would not be allowed to eat and I am not even going to

One thing for those of you who ride longer distances:
    I ate 2 bagels with cheese and nutella ( not together, one with cheese and one with nutella:ohwell: ) this night when I woke up. That was about 3-4 hrs before the ride. Not only does that help to eat the calories you should eat. It is also a good load of carbs that really help you during these long rides. I really believe that was one of the reasons why I felt so strong today. The risk is: Can't eat the extra food and then not go. Once you did that, you HAVE to go and do the exercise.

I also had for the first time on a ride longer stretches where I just laid back in my seat and pedaled, enjoyed the ride and the opportunity to be out there. Some stretches of the ride where in remote areas where you rarely see a car. Birds singing, wonderful and peaceful environment. There is no way you can experience that other than on a bike. Well, maybe hiking.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I rode this morning and thought about going back out this evening, but I was just too tired and sore, plus both kids were gone so we bought steaks and a nice bottle or merlot and watched UGA blow their chances at a nat'l championship in baseball. Oh well. It was a nice relaxing evening and hopefully I will get a nice long ride in tomorrow.
  • stschulz
    Options
    A break every once in a while is the best thing you can do for your body Bamboo. You'll be even "better" next time out on the bike.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in 33 miles today, so that makes 76 for the week. This was a brutal ride, too. Yesterday's ride was so great but today--ugghh. I had to call for my hubby and the SAG wagon again.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Monday-19.7
    Tuesday-15.8, plus yoga and strength training
    Weds-13.5
    Thursday-12.8
  • jadaigle
    Options
    I changed my own flat tire yesterday from hitting the large rock on Tuesday and felt quite proud of myself. Today I did 24.4 miles on my bike trainer (it was HOT outside). 29.7 miles so far this week.