Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wedding photography

Good morning! I need some help. I am photographing a wedding in June, and I would like to tweek your brains!! As a photographer, I have my own set of "do's and dont's and would never's" and I'm just trying to get a better feel about what my clients expect of ME? Married people - what would you do different with or about your photographer if you could go back and re-do it? I would also like to know what you liked most about your wedding photographer and/or what you liked least about them? Single/Engaged people - What would you look for in a photographer? What characteristics would draw you to them?

THANKS!! <3

Replies

• Should probably add that this is only my 2nd wedding 'gig'...... my work is good and it's professional, but I'm still always nervous about shooting a wedding. It's such an important day and I just don't want to muck it up for them because I didn't do this or didn't do that. Make sense?
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Try to be "invisible" to an extent. At our wedding, our photographer was constantly in our faces. We couldn't eat, barely got to dance. It would've been nice to have more "in the moment" shots instead of constantly being staged.

Also if you're doing video, check your angles first. Our wedding video was pretty much a disaster because he was taking videos over my husband's shoulder and all you can see is one-quarter of my face during our vows, etc.

So I guess talk to the couple first. Get their expectations, etc. Get a list of moments/must have people (especially grandparents, etc) and then bring that with you.

Good luck
  • Thank you!!! and bump! :tongue:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Get really good angles. My friend was our photographer and the photos were lovely, but I wish he knew that when taking a larger woman's photo, never do it from UNDER the face!