New Blender???

grover0ca
grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I need a new blender..mine is on it's last legs.
Any recommendations? I need something that can handle ice cubes & frozen fruit well!

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    It's on the pricey end, but a Vitamix 5200! Has a full 7 year warranty but will probably easily last you 20! It is AMAZING!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Just don't get a magic bullet! They are too small, and everything gets stuck and forget about putting in more then one small cube of ice. Alot of people seem to like the stick blenders, but I have never tried one.
  • Bought a new Vita-Mix about 6 weeks ago. Its expensive, no doubt, but WOW, is it worth the money. Sommthies are out of this world. I make frozen desserts all the time now, all with fresh fruit. Kids love it. We use it constantly. Highly recommended.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Just bought the Food Network's blender that they carry at Kohl's - it was right around $50, and it works like a charm!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Vitamix here too. I love it. Incredibly pricey - but if you can afford it, it's worth it. I waited 2 years to buy it and was so glad once I did!
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Absolutely cannot beat the VitaMix. Go to the websites and do some research. It is incredible and durable beyond belief.
  • I have the magic bullet, and I personally LOVE it!!!!
    There are many generic brands out there as well that I havent tried but I'm sure do the job for cheaper.
    I myself have the complete set, with all of the different attachments from a single serving to multiple servings.
    I included a link for you to take a look at the set I have, but again remember, you dont have to order online, they go on sale in retail stores all the time!!!!

http://www.buythebullet.com/
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    The ultimate in blending technology:

http://www.blendtec.com/

Will it blend? I'll give you a hint. The answer every time is yes.
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    I bought the stick blender from Costco (Hamilton Beach - I think?). But this thing has some serious power & has been able to mix everything that I have thrown at it, including ice. Cheap, fast, easy to clean, best blender I have every owned.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Vitamix or Blendtec are the top of the line blenders. Both are expensive but both will grind up just about anything you throw at them and both will last a very, very long time. I am on a user group owned by a very meticulous, detail oriented guy who thoroughly reviewed (and owns) both blenders and his opinion is they're equals and the one you choose boils down to personal preference.

I've killed numerous blenders but have had my Vitamix for almost four years and have yet to even overheat it. I throw frozen fruit in it all the time (including a whole, frozen orange! It's like blending a baseball!) and it just tears right through it. Ice is nothing to it. No chunks!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    I've had my VitaMix for years and LOVE IT! Come summer I am grinding ice with a littlenon fat milk, not fat powdered milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, a banana and having milkshakes every single day! It hasn't failed me yet......and it is SO EASY to clean. Your money will be well spend with it!! = D
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    IF just picking up a "regular" blender due to money try to make sure you get one where the blade base will spin off the jug and attach to standard mason jars.

I got one that does this, they've done it for I think at least 40 years, and having the option of being able to put the blades right on my selection of mason jars allowed me to pass my bullet onto a friend who wanted one. I get even more freedom with my 1L, 500mL, 250mL and 125mL mason jars that all attach right to my blender blade base. Does my coffee beans when I'm in too big a rush to break out my hand-cranked chopper, fresh ground nutmeg for baking...

A blender of some sort is indispensable. Find one that will meet your needs, I may look at one of the higher-end blenders at some point but the one I have is meeting my needs.
  • I work at Bed Bath and Beyond while in school and the Vitamix is by far the best way to go if you need a lot of watts for frozen fruit and ice cubes. You'll love it!
  • grover0ca
    Vitamix sounds fab...just checked it out...WAY out of my price range..darn:tongue:
    Anything in the 100.00 range??
  • The Ninja is pretty nice..Should be around 100.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    My blender ROCKS! I have no problem whipping through fruit or ice cubed or crushed. I made mountains of drinks with this before changing my life style :bigsmile: Its made by GE model # 169169 and I am sure I purchased it at Walmart. I know it was not anywhere near $100.00 the specs on it are 120 VAC 60HZ 600 watts.

Good luck on your search :):flowerforyou:
  • grover0ca
    thx!!!
  • meanebaby
    meanebaby Posts: 22 Member
    The Blendtec is another good one. It's well worth the price, and it does cost a lot. Not as much as the Vitamix 5200, but near it.
This discussion has been closed.