Snack ideas

Options
I'm looking for suggestions of snacks that I can have. I've been using MFP since the start of 2011 and I've managed to cut down on how much snacking I do (I am bad at picking at everything!) and since reducing what I eat my appetite isn't as big as it used to. Ladies, you will know that at your time of the month you always feel that bit more hungry, and right now that is how I am feeling!!! Depending if I am hungry, I have a snack at work in the morning and in the afternoon and treat myself to a square or 2 of chocolate in the evening after my meal.

If I have my breakfast before I leave for work, then I will have a piece of fruit as a mid-morning snack. But if I wait to get to work to have breakfast, then I will not have a mid-morning snack as that is when I have my breakfast. Afternoon snacks depend if I am hungry or not, and again this would be fruit. The same old fruit is getting a bit boring and I don't want to get fed up with fruit!

I'm just looking for more ideas on what I can snack on. I've never been a big fan of nuts, but I am gradually growing to like them and wondering if they would be a good snack. I love red and yellow peppers (I used to HATE them!) and try and get them into my lunch or evening meal a couple of times a week. I also love baby corn and wondering if maybe this could be a good snack or leave things like that to go with my main meals!?

Any snack suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Baby corn would probably be good - you probably want to drain and rinse since I imagine the liquid is full of sodium.

One of my favorites is laughing cow cheese on TLC Stoneground crackers or with baked pita chips. I also really love the Lifeway Kefir smoothies. I found them at Costco in blueberry and strawberry but you can also get them at regular grocery stores.

Hummus with chips/crackers or veggies is also a good snack.

I am getting hungry now thinking about it!