Finishing diet. Starting to exercise

Options
Hello Ladies and Gents,

How is everything going?

I was wondering if I can have some advice on my situation here. I've lost around 35 pounds since October 2010. I don't want to lose any more weight and want to start exercising now. I was on the 1200 calories a day diet the whole time. I was advised that I can't just go back to eating the way I did before right away because I'm just going to gain all the way back that way. I'm adding 100 calories per two weeks to my daily intake now. Howerver, I really want to start strenght training as soon as possible and for that I should probably consume around 2500 calories a day.

I really want to start exercising as soon as possible but at the same time I don't want to lose the results I've gained. I don't mind gaining weight as long as it's muscles and not fat. Do you guys have any suggestions how I could make the transition faster?

P.S. I'm a 26 year old male.

Thanks a lot!!!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is go into your profile and put it your current weight with a goal to lose 0lbs per week. They will tell you how many calories you need to maintain your weight.

You should be able to lift weights at the same time. It doesn't affect your calorie consumption because lifting is not a sustainable aerobic workout. It doesn't give you back calories. You deffinitly should take measurements at this point though. You may start to gain weight, but if you are building a good amount of muscle and don't have a lot of fat left to burn that will be why. Don't panic just go by your measurements.

Good luck and congrats on hitting your goal.
  • Mateo1985
    Options
    Thanks a lot!!!! Appreciate your reply!!! I'll try to do it the way you suggested and see what happened!!!! Thanks