HGC diet

Options
Hello there! Is anyone doing the HGC diet and how is it going for you if you are? I have the stuff and did it off and on for a little bit but didn't follow it too closely... I'm wondering if I should! What do you all think? Anyone have success with this stuff?

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Have you searched the forums on this topic? There have been about a MILLION posts on the HCG diet, and, to answer your question, NO. IT DOES NOT WORK. There is no such thing as a quick fix. It takes a lot of hard work and healthy living to lose weight.
  • StephanieMcVay
    StephanieMcVay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Works for me. 24 pounds in a little over a month. Doesn't work for those thta don't follow the plan. Feel great.
  • oubeth1
    Options
    It will work but, only for a while. It seems to be a fast for the moment solution. Most people will lose a good amount of weight but, then they gain it all back and sometimes more. I think your best bet to keep anything off would be changing your food intake and adding more exercise. :happy:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It suggests you eat something like 500 calories a day! That in itself is ridiculous. And to mix that with some kind of chemical in your body... I'm really, totally, against it. There are plenty of people who say 'it works it's great it's awesome!' but I really can't believe that starving your body and feeding it chemicals is a good idea.

You are making great progress right now, I hope to see you continue! Let us know what you choose
  • ammccarter
    Options
    Someone else has posted about it too, but I looked it up and there is no way I could stick to 500 calories a day. And it would seem like when you quit doing it you would put the weight right back on again.
    That's just my opinion though.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that diet will trigger the "Holy crap I'm starving to death!!" response in your body, and as a result you will actually store fat and loose muscle as the body goes into survival mode.

I'm pretty sure that the bulk of the weight lost on those types of diets is muscle, so those doing it will likely be worse off when they finish in a way. The term "skinny-fat" comes to mind, where people have lost weight, but now the body is mostly fat...just my opinion though.
  • StephanieMcVay
    StephanieMcVay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first round was with a doctor that used to do lap ban (and still does some) but he thinks people are more likely to follow this plan. The "chemical" triggers your body to lose fat not muscle. I lost 24 pounds in 36 days. I felt great on the program and can't wait to start round 2. I am in the 3rd phase which is setting your current weight so you don't gian it back. Then you can do another round or go to phase 4 which is maintenance. Those that gain it back are just not sticking with it. I wasn't hungry at all on the plan and the food is very heatlhy. I have searched for side effect on the Internet and talked to the doctor. There are none. It doesn't work it after you do it you go back to your same eating habits like any other diet.
  • es5864
    es5864 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I will think about this. I am just not sure if I did it, I would have the kind of food to eat on the diet so that is another reason I don't think I will do this.