Going on vacation/need healthy meal plan

Options
We are taking our annual ski vacation next week. We will be staying at a cabin for 3 days. I could use a little help with healthy easy meals to make! I usually have a mind set that if I am on vacation, my diet is as well. But, NO MORE!!! I have got to do this!!! No more excuses! Any helpful ideas would be appreciated!:wink:

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If you can eat the healthy foods you are striving for at home, try to do the same on vacation. Because you will be skiing (right?), remember to factor in those exercise calories so you do not undereat.
    Treat this vacation like a party: Eat the fruits, veggies, lean protiens, and drink lots of water and plain teas, stay away from the food table as much as possible, and dance (or ski, in your case) alot.
    Hang out with kids--they have lots of energy and know how to use it! ( (I do tickle races with my grandson almost every night of the week! We laugh and work out bodies at the same time).
    Mostly, have fun! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Will you have a full kitchen to work with, or will you need to eat out for each meal?

If there's a kitchen, just do some meal planning before you go, buy or take the groceries you need, and then there's no question.

Whole wheat spaghetti + homemade tomato sauce is easy and healthy
    Salads
    Rotisserie chicken can be used in many ways (salads, sandwiches, etc)

Don't forget to take healthy snacks to munch on when not skiing!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Yes, a full kitchen is there! Whole wheat spaghetti sounds yummo!
  • prepsikola
    prepsikola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Make a quinoa salad! Quinoa is high in protein and fibre, gluton free, and low in calories. It also only takes 15 minutes to make on the stove. After the quinoa is prepared I add chopped cucumber, red peppers, green onion, chopped garlic, cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper. You can honestly make it with anything. Some people mix it with oatmeal and chopped nuts and fruit for breakfest. If you have a fridge there, quinoa also keeps very well. Thats just one idea, it could work for lunch or a side with dinner, hope this helps!