starting over (again!)

Options
Hi, I'm new and starting yet another diet. I'm having a struggle getting started. I know what I need to do, but not too motivated.

Replies

• wildbusdriver57
    wildbusdriver57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and starting yet another diet. I'm having a struggle getting started. I know what I need to do, but not too motivated.
  • Justinstrong
    Options
    Hey and welcome to the site!

I'm pretty new here too but don't worry if its motivation you are looking for all the people here are really nice and will help you get motivated they are really great.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    How about the first step is..

1) Tell yourself it is a lifestyle change not a diet....the only way to make it work and last is to make it a permanent way of life...diets are temporary..

then

2) start small - change one thing in your day - switch soda to water or whole wheat products from white. change one thing each week.

3) do you exercise?

Read all of the 'Newbie" posts - they are very motivating! i will bump them to the top of the Recent Posts for you now...

Good Luck! ask lots of questions! There is so much wonderful support here. I hope you will find it as helpful, useful, educational, motivating and friendly as so many of us have!
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it is all about that #1 step that pmkelly409 mentions....and the rest is important too.....you can do it...we all can! You made the first step by joining MFP woohoo
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I tried, but I can't say it any better than Kelly. That is really it in a nutshell.
    As to motivation....

... how about a set of clothes you want to fit into again?
    ... a goal in fitness such as so many miles walk or bike or swim
    ... a reward you get when you reach a goal in weight
    ... health

there are many more as I am sure you will see in other posts.

Just get started and don't worry too much about it, it will all come together
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I tried, but I can't say it any better than Kelly. That is really it in a nutshell.
    As to motivation....

... how about a set of clothes you want to fit into again?
    ... a goal in fitness such as so many miles walk or bike or swim
    ... a reward you get when you reach a goal in weight
    ... health

there are many more as I am sure you will see in other posts.

Just get started and don't worry too much about it, it will all come together

Great suggestions! Goals are a wonderful tool to get and stay motivated.

I also wanted to add that for some a very structured method is best so that you don't fall victim to your own brain! Try the Couch Potato to 5K training program: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml