Drunken berries

Options
katiechakos
katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
edited November 2023 in Recipes
Good morning everyone! I wanted to share a recipe I used last night and it was a hit! I know there is some concern regarding artificial sweetners, so if you'd rather use regular sugar, it will still be a light yummy treat.

Mixed berries (frozen or fresh)... make sure to get blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc. Put them in a bowl- I put about 1 cup in the bowl, enough for 2 people. Add 2 tbs of Splenda and about 1/4 cup of red wine. Mix together and let sit for about 20 minutes.

Next take a slice of angel food cake, top with the "drunken berries" and a blob of sugar free cool whip.

Sorry I don't have the calories and fat and everything... but as I looked at it, I didn't think it could be too much!

It was delightful, and my husband loved it. I have to tell you, though, he ate a lot more than one serving! I had to go back and make him a big 4 person serving! HA HA!

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I wanted to share a recipe I used last night and it was a hit! I know there is some concern regarding artificial sweetners, so if you'd rather use regular sugar, it will still be a light yummy treat.

Mixed berries (frozen or fresh)... make sure to get blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc. Put them in a bowl- I put about 1 cup in the bowl, enough for 2 people. Add 2 tbs of Splenda and about 1/4 cup of red wine. Mix together and let sit for about 20 minutes.

Next take a slice of angel food cake, top with the "drunken berries" and a blob of sugar free cool whip.

Sorry I don't have the calories and fat and everything... but as I looked at it, I didn't think it could be too much!

It was delightful, and my husband loved it. I have to tell you, though, he ate a lot more than one serving! I had to go back and make him a big 4 person serving! HA HA!
  • CMJ1979
    Options
    Sounds yummy, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out the cal counts on it.
This discussion has been closed.