L0NG P0ST!

Options
I woke up this morning thinking "Today is a new day. & We should get something out of everyday." I thought I was going to get up, have a nice, healthy breakfast, & work out. WR0NG! I went over my brother's house & of course his girlfriend cooked some of the most unhealthy food ever. Ham, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, ect. & ALS0 P0UND CAKE!! Ugh. What a H0RRIBLE day. I ate everything & took some home. After the last few bites of macaroni & cake at home, I noticed something...

Why do we always take the easy way out? It's so hard to eat the right way & exercise but it's so easy to sit back & complain about how our bodies look. It's so easy to pick up something unhealthy, & so hard to burn off those easy calories. We do all these bad things to our bodies, but turn around & complain about it. & Clearly, we make things harder than what they are. We all have the inner drive to do better. If we knew better, we'd do better, right? WR0NG! We all know better, & still do wrong. I guess this is the first step to "doing" better. We all have control. & We can't blame anybody for our unhappiness but ourselves. We decided to pick up the piece of cake instead of an apple. We decided to gulp down the chocolate instead of an orange. We decided to pick up the candy & put down the vegetables. It seems so much easier to do wrong then to do right, but just like human beings, we would rather complain than make a difference. & It's true, we decided to plop down on the couch & pick up the remote versus going out for a nice jog, or even a nice walk around the neighborhood. I, myself, decided to pick up the pound cake instead of the plum sitting in the fridgerator today. & I, myself, blame no one but me.

Have you ever thought that maybe instead of putting all this effort into buying the wrong foods, we should put all our effort into buying what's right? Or maybe we should stop laying around & get up & do something. Believe this, something is actually better than nothing. I always try to "reward" myself by eating out because I've done good all week N0T eating out. & Once I do eat out, I get sucked back into my old habbits. I always use the "Oh, it's okay. I have 500 exercise calories left over, so I'll eat this cookie & it won't affect me." NEWS FLASH: It will. Once I eat one cookie, I want another.. & The whole calorie deal slips my mind. Before you know it I've eat 800 calories just in cookies, & I run home & complain about what I should've done. This stops now. I'm tired of complaining about who I am, when I'm the one who got me this way. I've been struggling with weight since I was in the 3rd grade & I still haven't done anything about it. I try for one week & when I don't see results, I give up. It's time to stop giving up & start giving in to what I want & what I deserve. Which is happiness & healthiness.

This post may mean nothing to you, but I'm hoping you guys understand where I'm coming from. Lets stop using the "I'll start tomorrow... or the next day excuse." & LET'S START N0W!!!

This isn't a diet, this is a lifestyle. & It's time to take full advantage of what I deserve, & leave behind what I don't!

- Kisha. =]

Replies

• xKishax
    xKishax Posts: 33
    Options
    I woke up this morning thinking "Today is a new day. & We should get something out of everyday." I thought I was going to get up, have a nice, healthy breakfast, & work out. WR0NG! I went over my brother's house & of course his girlfriend cooked some of the most unhealthy food ever. Ham, baked beans, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, ect. & ALS0 P0UND CAKE!! Ugh. What a H0RRIBLE day. I ate everything & took some home. After the last few bites of macaroni & cake at home, I noticed something...

Why do we always take the easy way out? It's so hard to eat the right way & exercise but it's so easy to sit back & complain about how our bodies look. It's so easy to pick up something unhealthy, & so hard to burn off those easy calories. We do all these bad things to our bodies, but turn around & complain about it. & Clearly, we make things harder than what they are. We all have the inner drive to do better. If we knew better, we'd do better, right? WR0NG! We all know better, & still do wrong. I guess this is the first step to "doing" better. We all have control. & We can't blame anybody for our unhappiness but ourselves. We decided to pick up the piece of cake instead of an apple. We decided to gulp down the chocolate instead of an orange. We decided to pick up the candy & put down the vegetables. It seems so much easier to do wrong then to do right, but just like human beings, we would rather complain than make a difference. & It's true, we decided to plop down on the couch & pick up the remote versus going out for a nice jog, or even a nice walk around the neighborhood. I, myself, decided to pick up the pound cake instead of the plum sitting in the fridgerator today. & I, myself, blame no one but me.

Have you ever thought that maybe instead of putting all this effort into buying the wrong foods, we should put all our effort into buying what's right? Or maybe we should stop laying around & get up & do something. Believe this, something is actually better than nothing. I always try to "reward" myself by eating out because I've done good all week N0T eating out. & Once I do eat out, I get sucked back into my old habbits. I always use the "Oh, it's okay. I have 500 exercise calories left over, so I'll eat this cookie & it won't affect me." NEWS FLASH: It will. Once I eat one cookie, I want another.. & The whole calorie deal slips my mind. Before you know it I've eat 800 calories just in cookies, & I run home & complain about what I should've done. This stops now. I'm tired of complaining about who I am, when I'm the one who got me this way. I've been struggling with weight since I was in the 3rd grade & I still haven't done anything about it. I try for one week & when I don't see results, I give up. It's time to stop giving up & start giving in to what I want & what I deserve. Which is happiness & healthiness.

This post may mean nothing to you, but I'm hoping you guys understand where I'm coming from. Lets stop using the "I'll start tomorrow... or the next day excuse." & LET'S START N0W!!!

This isn't a diet, this is a lifestyle. & It's time to take full advantage of what I deserve, & leave behind what I don't!

- Kisha. =]
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Kisha! Thanks for posting. You are absolutely right - unless you really make a commitment to CHANGING YOUR LIFE, it can be so easy to get sucked back in to bad or 'easy' behavior. Turning down free food is a particularly hard one for many of us, because eating is such a social activity. If you don't eat the food someone offers you, you worry about hurting their feelings. But over time, it is yourself that you are really hurting. And the only one who can really look out for your health is you.

I have found that I really have started to think differently about food over the past several months. Before, food was much more of an 'event' for me, and much more tied to my emotional state - I ate to cheer myself up, soothe myself, reward myself, be social, to save money (because it was FREE), etc. Now... I really just try to eat when I'm hungry, and to eat foods that are good for me. I plan ahead a lot more so that I'm not faced with so many decisions that are difficult to make - like bringing my lunch every day instead of relying on my willpower to make the decision to go to Subway (AND not eat the chips) instead of Burger King. Sure, I'll treat myself now and then, but mostly I try to build everything into my calories for the day. Food is fuel, first and foremost - not an emotional crutch!

Good luck in your new lifestyle! :flowerforyou:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow Kisha, it sounds like you are having a life-changing moment... Your motivation is inspiring! I so know what you mean about the planning to eat one cookie and the next thing you know, you're 800 cals in the hole. To me, it's such a struggle to find the balance between not denying yourself everything all the time and losing all control with the occasional indulgence. Then "occasional" gradually becomes every other day... *sigh*. But, as you say, we make our own choices! Thanks for the great post. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are doing a lot of thinking about your changes! Keep up the great work!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wow long post maybe but so needed for so many people id say it needs to be read by all new mfp'ers i have this erge now to go out and use my new skipping rope lol although i do have the gym tonight so might again save it for a day i can make it to the gym actualy ill need it on saturday i am going away for a night and might need all the excercise calories i can accumilate as the hotel is high class with high class meals and well i want to enjoy it and not worry about what or how much im eating.

thankyou for the post