Sweets

Options
My biggest weakness are sweets, mostly anything chocolate or peanut butter related. I have the hardest time passing up cupcakes, candy bars, cookies, cake, pie etc... I love peanut butter by itself or in an apple, I know its good for you to an extent, but I think I eat more than I should. I need tips on how to just say no!!!! Its like I will never have another cupcake available to me in my life and have to have it, ha! Ive done it before but ever since I had my baby I cannot get back on the ball. Help!

Replies

• Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Just don't keep it in the house! I have the same problem so we can't keep the junk here, if hubby wants it he has to hide it. Every once in awhile I will treat myself to something (usually a dark chocolate bar Yummmm<3) I love peanut butter, I actually eat it by the spoonful sometimes so I don't really have a trick for that but if you log it and its a lot of calories it might discourage you in the future from eating so much of it.

I think once I am down to a healthy weight I will be ok with having the stuff back in the house but right now my willpower isn't very good so I'm just removing the temptation.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Just don't keep it in the house! I have the same problem so we can't keep the junk here, if hubby wants it he has to hide it. Every once in awhile I will treat myself to something (usually a dark chocolate bar Yummmm<3) I love peanut butter, I actually eat it by the spoonful sometimes so I don't really have a trick for that but if you log it and its a lot of calories it might discourage you in the future from eating so much of it.

I think once I am down to a healthy weight I will be ok with having the stuff back in the house but right now my willpower isn't very good so I'm just removing the temptation.

Ive made my husband a sugar addict too :/ I can keep it from the house, but a lot of the time its at my work! Before I got pregnant I only had a piece of chocolate a day and said no to everything else. Why cant I get back on the ball? Im not even worried about exercise right now. I just need to start eating better. I do the best at work and terrible in the evenings and on weekends when Im home or out & about.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree to just not keeping it around but there are also some healthy options for a sweet tooth. I have one and i have found these AMAZING bars they are called Think Thin bars and they have nuts and some have chocolate on the bottom and they are only 3 grams of sugar but they really do taste like a candy bar!! I also always have dried fruit on hand when I want something sweet!!! i love Bare Fruit Fuji apples! Hope this helps some!
  • evanryn
    evanryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah! I know how you feel; I love love LOVE chocolate! I also uh like baked goods too, lol. My biggest temptation is when I'm at work and people bring in stuff they bake at home. Not only does the stuff look awesome and delicious, but I feel guilty saying no. I usually end up having a tiny bite and that is my saving grace. They understand that I'm trying to lose weight and eat healthy. So that helps a bit too! However, chocolate is a major downfall for me. What usually works for me are distractions. I force my mind to think of something else until the urge passes. Now if that cupcake is staring you down and you just really need to have it or die, just think to yourself "If I let this one go, will it really hurt me?" or "I can resist this" or "Who needs a stupid cupcake anyway?". If you do resist, pat yourself on the back on a job well done and if you just had to have a taste of that yummy yummy cupcake, tell yourself that you deserve a treat now and then. There's no harm in occasionally slipping up- hey we all do it. It's whether or not we let that slip up become a binge or make us feel a guilt that we really shouldn't feel. Chin up darling, that silly ol cupcake can't win against you!!

:D