Pet owners who work out on the floor at home...

Options

Replies

• VialOfDreams
    Options
    Love this! <3<3 So true! Even with kitties. :D
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I freaking love this, mainly because it happens to me too. The minute I hit the floor to do some ab work, here comes Biskit (My 2 year old shorkie tzu) and he basically attacks my face with kisses. Which of course makes me giggle, which in turn makes him do it more. Plus sometimes, I do these crunches when I extend my feet I have to be so careful not to kick him cause he's right freakin there! Ah, but I love him. I wonder what it is they think we are doing.
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hahaha.. this is my experience with workout dvds exactly. Only one of my pups is 120lbs.. :flowerforyou:
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    my cat attacks my pony tail whenever it hits the floor
  • shyaamist
    Options
    Thats too funny! I have a total of 14 different fur babies (1 bunny in a cage in the livingroom) and they all see to come and give me odd looks when I start to exercise! I love it!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *SNARF* I get this, too. Cats milling under me when I'm doing planks. The dog standing on my chest when I'm trying to do crunches. And the "arm across and pull" cool-down stretch always has a cat rubbing on my free hand.

I don't get licked... but I get wet Pekingese sneezes RIGHT in the face. :laugh:
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My dog does all the time too! Love this post :0)
  • purrteetea
    Options
    i had to started locking my cat out of the room because he would go BANANAS in my hair whenever it was time for sit ups!
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Yes, my cat is always very helpful too. ;)
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Too funny! And too familiar! hahaha
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Add me to the list, I get attacked when I'm attempting to hold myself in Plank...lol
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    My "workout partner" is a 130# yellow mass...sit-ups really suck when THIS plops down on your chest:
    BennyMooseChopper005.jpg]
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    My German shepherd's body part of choice is the butt. I have to put him in his kennel because whenever I exercise he tries to bite me in the butt.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs and two cats who could care less about me UNTIL I decide to workout in the living room. This made my day!:laugh:
    I usually barricade them behind a baby gate so I can exercise in peace. :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    lol Love it! Just multiply it by 4 and you have my situation.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Cute! When I was a cat owner, I would do Denise Austin aerobics. The workout included lots of kicks and every time my foot went up in the air, my cat would jump up and try to wrap itself around my ankle. It was super cute and fun - until I stepped on said kitty :sad: She was fine, but I had to start locking her in the bathroom during exercise time to prevent any injuries to my poor cat.
  • pixieholly
    Options
    My cat does the same thing- he nips at my ankles when I do my leg lifts! It's cute, but it can be frustrating!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    My dog LOOOOOVES to do this!

Whenever I do my crunches he sits there right next to me and just watches. If I'm doing Pilates mat work then he will try to bite my toes. He licks my face when I'm doing anything with my legs on the mat. He must find whatever I'm doing funny, but it gives him a good excuse to play and give me kisses!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Awww! I was just thinking about that today! We have two cats and every day the second I lay down the yoga mat, they will take their corners and refuse to move! It is cute but so annoying!!

5451141655_94e4f6477f.jpg
    photo by Petithamu,
  • dars069
    Options
    I have the same problem. My dog pretty much wants nothing to do with me after I get home from work. That is, until I roll out the yoga mat to work out. She thinks it's this funky, comfy mat for her to stretch out on and go to sleep. If I'm lucky enough to get a workout in, she comes over and starts liking my face, or arms, or legs; pretty much whichever limb is closest to her. Or she'll walk under me while I'm stretching my calves and then lay down and go to sleep.