Back in the game!

Options
Hi!

I'm new to myfitnesspal, but I've done the weight-loss thing before, going from 217 lbs in late February 2010 to 185 in June 2010. Holiday season came around and my weight crept up to 199. Now I'm back in the game!

Though always heavier, my heaviest was sometime in late 2005 or early 2006 when I was confined to the house for a season or few due to suddenly out-of-control asthma. My weight skyrocketed from about 170 (high school weight) to 245 faster than I could recognize myself.

Not wanting to ever get back there again, I'm changing my life. I love moving, shaking, cooking healthier, and getting in shape, but for me so far, the most important thing in this journey is a good fitness-minded friend with her own goals (winkwinknudgenudge to Miss ArcticValkyrie). Together we're really motivating and challenging one another rather than enabling each other into bad habits.
Also important is not hating yourself at any stage. Don't hate the past you, just let it be somewhere you don't want to go again. Don't hate the current you simply because you're not at your goal, and because current you will be a past you. Just work and be proud of what you're doing. Keep the ball rolling :)

I'm here to listen, getting advice to improve my understanding on how to go about this in the healthiest way, and to offer love and support for anyone who is on their own journey as well. I know some of us have easier life situations that enable us to be more focused on our own needs and decisions, while others have to work it into their daily lives of children's needs, or even have to share lives with people who might not be as supportive as we'd hoped. Regardless, everyone needs a little love and support, so here you go! :)