Bright red during a workout

Options
Does anybody else get really flushed while you're working out or is it just me? It's really embarassing to step off the eliptical and look like a tomato with hair. I drink lots of water before, during and after.

I've always been this way, even in high school.

Just wondering if I was a freak, or if anybody had any ideas about what to do about it.

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It happens to me I get really pink,I think it has alot to do with how pale I am
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It happens to me. It doesn't take long until I am beat red too.
    One of the reasons why I like working out at home.
  • rdoyon
    Options
    I get just as red and it is embarrassing but what can ya do....I think it's part of my irish blood line :)
  • adriperez
    Options
    Me too. And I dont have fair complexion, so I think I start looking purple.
  • coldsutherner
    Options
    i agree with rdoyon. I get red and always have, its kinda like some people that sweat alot.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I get BRIGHT RED - People will actually stop me and ask if I'm OK. LOL

I just radiate through my face. That's what I tell them. :)
  • ashers1819
    Options
    Nope I get red too... I think it's just a sign of grit and hard work. I love sweating, and being red for that matter, at least everyone around you can see that you're pushing it!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. Cold, hot or alcohol make me pink right up, but exertion makes me beet red.
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yep i get REALLY red too!! but i jus ignore it now and try not to care what i look like.i think it's cos i'm so pale
  • clareypen
    Options
    yup I am a beetroot- its EXERTION!! Those who don;t go red obviously aren't working out as hard LOL!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I have actually had a new lifeguard come tap me on my turn to see if I was having a heart attack on him. He learned that, "nope--Alice's face just gets REALLY red!"

I even called in to "Zorba Paster On Your Health" radio show to ask if it was anything I should be concerned about. The Good Doctor said no, it was probably that I was just fair skinned (which I am), and that my body is just very good at releasing its excess heat through my head (which it is!)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yep here to!
  • tater8589
    Options
    It happens to me all the time. I'm really pale (irish blood) and turn red easily.

I have also had a handfull of men (mostly bf's and current husband) tell me I was 'sexy' right after a workout. Well, whatever floats their boat, I still thought being all red was funky looking.
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I get this way too.
  • ammccarter
    Options
    SO glad to know it's not just me.
    I am really fair skinned as well. I guess I'll just try not to let it get to me :blushing:
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. I'm also pale and I always say it's just because I'm see through lol.
    ~Jamie
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get that way too...I chalk it up to my Irish heritage. I have decided that if people don't like it, then they shouldn't look. Maybe a bad attitude, but those workouts are for me, not for anyone else.
  • blondebiker
    blondebiker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm also fair skinned and it happens to me. Co-workers have commented on it several times since I go to work right after the gym!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    It's good! Circulation...blood cleaning out the cells....releasing sweat. EXCELLENT!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Umm...I get bright red and SWEATY! I sweat through everything, have it flinging off me, really gross. I saw somewhere once that it means you are in better shape since your body is cooling you better. It might not be true, but helps me!