Build Muscle & Burn Fat

Options
Came across this interesting article. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly3.htm

It is a very interesting plan to maximize fat loss on non strength training days and overfeed after weight lifting. The plan makes sense and seems pretty doable. I can't perform all the exercises listed but should be able to come up with substitutes that work the same muscles. I am hesitant about the amount of feeding after strength training and think the micro management of nutrients will be a challenge for someone still learning to eat right.

Overall I think I will try to work as many of the ideas into my plan as possible. Probably just take my post strength training feed to maintenance calories to start and see what happens.

Any one tried this or something similar? If so was it tough to follow? What type of results?

Daniel

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It makes sense. Your body only releases one of the two hormones at the same time: build muscle or burn fat. It doesn't do both at the same time. But it can change hormones on a day to day basis, so if you switch up operating at a surplus/deficit, you should in theory be able to build muscle while burning fat.