Curves anyone?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else here goes to Curves and how they like it? Do you work out for only 30 minutes there? How many calories do you think your burning and such.

=)

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have a pretty good idea since I worked there for awhile. Normally most people on a 30 minute work out will burn anywhere from 300-500 calories based on your effort and also your weight. Normally heavier people will burn more but not always. Are you a member there or just thinking about joining?
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oops I didn't answer one of your questions...it is a 30 minute workout and you 2 two full rounds on the equipment plus the stretching which takes about 5 mins. Hope this helps.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    hi,

i joined curves about 2 months ago and i love it, as its so short

i go for 30 minutes 3-5 times a week

its great for toning, really have to work on my diet to lose the weight though, but i love my new muscles

i usually burn 370-410 calories, the more you go, the higher your cals after a few weeks, in the beginning i was burning about 200 cals per session
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't do the Curves thing, but my mother does, and she has had AMAZING success there. She works out there for 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week, along with watching what she eats and such. She has lost at least forty pounds over the past two and a half years-- as a 60+ year old woman!-- and she seems to really love the whole spirit of the place. :) I'm super proud of her, and really happy that she found a workout place that was comfortable for her to facilitate the whole process.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    When I first looked into joining a gym Curves was the most expensive one,and since I dont care if there are men around I went with something else.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My Mom got me a free month for Christmas gift. I've been going for a few weeks, 2-3 days a week. I love it! I'm curious if anyone ever goes over the 30 minutes to get extra workouts. I went over a little bit today, just by a few stations...but then had to quit because I felt so tired and was unsure about overdoing it and not being able to workout tomorrow. lol plus I go when I can leave my little guy (age 2 1/2) at preschool for a few hours. So I needed to make sure I was back to pick him up on time.

My Mom has been going for a few years....She loves being able to get out and exercise even after she's done with work.

on the platforms in between each machine I really try hard to keep my energy up....
  • hahahollylol
    Options
    I'm not really a member yet. I look forward to becoming a member soon.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I used to be a member of Curves and the circuit was great for awhile. I loved that I eventually pushed myself hard enough to sweat and the members of the Curves I went to were extremely supportive. From the 19 year old to the ladies who were my grandmother's age. My biggest issue with Curves is the price that I have to pay monthly (im broke) and as much as I loved the ladies helping me out, they didn't have the fitness answers I needed. Sure I can look stuff up on google as well, but I needed more of an butt kick than what curves was offering.

Again, its a great support system and I loved all the ladies there...but if you are looking for more of a butt kick, it may not work for you. Good luck!
  • hahahollylol
    Options
    thanks =) I plan on going with my Mom, and also have support from others here on MFP and my facebook friends and those in real life. I also have other friends who are in Teambeach Body. So I feel I have a wonderful support system. But yea I have to agree Curves is kinda pricey...and sometimes I may not be able to come up with the money to go....we are not planning on doing the auto payments for Curves...but cash month to month. That way if I can't make it some month, then it's no extra money out of our pockets....or if I am to busy to go.