Caffeine

Options
Hi guys,

I just wanted to find out if any of you have experienced this.

A week and a half ago, I stopped drinking caffeine. I went from drinking 8-10 cups of tea a day to drinking herbal tea or water.

The funny thing is that I had a headache continuously for 5 days. It was insane, I woke up in the middle of the night with my head pounding and there was this insane pressure behind my eyes and at the top of my head.

It's gone away now but the only cause for it I could come up with is that it was caused by not drinking tea!

If it caused this much pain to come off it, what was it doing to me for all those years I drank it??

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    caffeine withdrawal *nods*
    i gave up coffee before and each time went through 2 days of hellish headaches.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes..caffeine withdrawal headaches are the WORST! Same thing happened to me when I stopped drinking the caffeine. I drink usually 1 a day now, but if I don't get even that 1, I get a headache. HATE it!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    for sure!!! I had the same thing when I quit Pepsi. Those headaches suck. You will be fine now that it is all out of your system.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    caffine withdrawl definatly.
    I couldnt imagin living without my caffine :drinker:
  • sheepyfred
    sheepyfred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup! Caffeine withdrawal. If I don't get my coffee in the morning, I get a pounding headache all day. I have also given it up altogether before and went through about a week of terrible headaches.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    been there as well , i stopped drinking coffee, and i thought my head was gonna exploade !!!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    I cant even imagine giving up my coffee!! I'm sure I'd have torturous headaches and most likely be a "bear" to be around haha! I have cut back a little on my daily consumption but coffee is what helps me get through my nights at work (3rd shifter here :wink: ).
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yes same here.. Ive been a coffee drinkier for well since I was probably 8..lol and I gave it up 3 weeks ago due to the diet I am doing.. no caffeine allowed... I thought my head was going to burst for about 4 days....
  • ashers1819
    Options
    It's brutal... I just think that if you go through that kind of withdrawal, then maybe caffeine should be looked at as a serious drug. I wonder what the long term effects of caffeine consumption are.

Not that I think my body is a temple but I think most people consume caffeine without fully understanding what it does to the body.