June 23, Runner's Club

ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Morning my friends!

I'm just finishing the o' coffee....lol

ready to head out....I'm going to go for 4 miles again today....its cool and ready to rain any moment...but that's my favorite running weather so YAY! lol

hugs and have a great run &/or day!
Ali :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ali106
    Morning my friends!

I'm just finishing the o' coffee....lol

ready to head out....I'm going to go for 4 miles again today....its cool and ready to rain any moment...but that's my favorite running weather so YAY! lol

hugs and have a great run &/or day!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

I ran 5K this morning.

Wishing everyone great runs, walks, and rests today
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good going Ali & Kechie!! :drinker:

Definately taking a break today. Happy Running, ya'll! :flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Good morning my running friends!

Taking a cue from Kechie, I ran 5K this morning, too.

Gotta get packing for my trip to the lake...:happy: Hope everyone has a great week!

Julie
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Enjoy your day off Shannon!

Have fun at the lake Julie as Justin Timberlake says "bringing sexy back".:flowerforyou:

:heart: -Kechie.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good Morning everyone! Happy Monday!

I have 5 miles scheduled for tonight with the training class. I am very excited because we get to run on the grounds of the Naval Academy in downtown Annapolis tonight (anyone see the movie 'Annapolis'?)which is so beautiful and you are not choking on fumes the entire run!

Have a great day! Happy Running and Resting!
  • Shannon023

I have 5 miles scheduled for tonight with the training class. I am very excited because we get to run on the grounds of the Naval Academy in downtown Annapolis tonight (anyone see the movie 'Annapolis'?)which is so beautiful and you are not choking on fumes the entire run!

mmmmmm....cadets........:love:

Have a good run!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member

Have a good run!

EXACTLY!! and right now the summer plebs are here for 'basic training' which means young, hot, tight....oh let me stop!! :devil:
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Hello fellow runners!

I'm back from a 3 day vacation out of town. Spent the weekend with friends, at the beach, touring around the city and not running. I'm excited to go for a 5 k run tonight after work! Yee! I'm gonna hit the trails and soak up the Monday night lull (sans music -- my ipod has gone missing. oy...)

Have fun dudes!
  • Shannon023
    Hello fellow runners!

I'm back from a 3 day vacation out of town. Spent the weekend with friends, at the beach, touring around the city and not running. I'm excited to go for a 5 k run tonight after work! Yee! I'm gonna hit the trails and soak up the Monday night lull (sans music -- my ipod has gone missing. oy...)

Have fun dudes!

Good girl!

Burn off the weekend sins!! :drinker:
  • ali106

Have a good run!

EXACTLY!! and right now the summer plebs are here for 'basic training' which means young, hot, tight....oh let me stop!! :devil:

awww man...just when it was getting good!!!:grumble: :laugh:

seriously that sounds awesome have fun!!!
    hugs,
    ali
  • ali106
    good girl shannon...listen to the legs.....lol....I think I need to do that soon, it just gets sooo addicting especially being able to do it in the am...at night I have NO desire....um for running!!! lol

I got my 4 miles in but no son or jogger this time and I felt soooo free and light LMBO....gee wonder why! (-50lb child and 20lb jogger w/ bags etc...) lol

great job on the 5ks Kech Jul and Niz!!!

high fives ladies!!! lol

well hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day!:drinker:
    hugs!
    Ali
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Good Afternoon All!

Ok...so I have been gone for a while...on a vacation with my husband. We went to a local state park lodge where we did some hiking, swimming, running, golfing and oh yea.....drinking and relaxing by the pool side together! :wink:

I have to tell you all....I had the most frightening run of my life while on vacation. My husband and I would get up every morning and run the driveway into the lodge. The drive is 3 miles (one way) in woods. It's a beautiful run...along the way there are deer, rabbits, a lake, etc. John would usually run the full 3 miles up and then back and since he is 2 miles per hour faster I gave him a 7 minute head start. I would just run to the Golf course road which is 2.4 miles up and then by the time I was half way back he would meet up with me and we ran the rest of the way back to the lodge together. All went very well the first two days but on the last day I got really scared!!! As I was about a mile in to my run...in the middle of the woods and I mean this is a desolate place, no one was coming or going at 7:30AM...a big truck came up on me and slowed way down. The guy in the truck looked over at me and smiled and drove along beside me for about 30 seconds and then drove on. He crept along, going just slightly faster than me. I was able to see that he was the only one in the truck and as long as he stayed ahead of me I felt OK. Well a car came up behind him and he sped off...GOOD! I continued on and turned my ipod back up claiming a freak and went about my run. I knew that I was still a good mile from the turn around point so I wanted to get down to business. I must have run 1/4 mile and saw up ahead that the same truck was pulled off to the side of the road and was running. I immediately ran into the woods and started sprinting (and I do mean sprinting) to the golf course. I knew that I would probably be ahead of my husband but I had to get to a location that people would be pulling in. Wierd enough by the time I got there...which was no time at all at the pace I was doing..I was cut up and exhausted. The truck did not spot me I guess because he never came up behind me. My hubby came up within just a couple of minutes and wondered what the heck happened to me. As we ran back together the same truck finally came towards us. The guy glanced over at us...waved and sped off. I was shaking sooo badly I could hardly run. I did though!!! With my husband beside me almost the entire rest of the way. Thank God he decided to try and beat his pace that morning and was a whole minute and a half faster than normal.

So the moral of the story...don't let your guard down...even when you are the most relaxed and comfortable. Who knows...this guy could have been perfectly harmless but his behavior just caused me to be uncomfortable and I followed my gut. I am scraped and bruised now but I am in one piece.

By the way....(my husband and I went back and measured my distance and pace)...I ran 3/4 mile just under 9 miles per hour during the time that I thought I was in trouble. Isn't adrenaline a wonderful thing?! If only I could capture that for a race!!! :tongue:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    OMG. Buckeyebabe. Your story sends chills down my back. I'm so glad that you are ok. How many stories have we read/heard where women are attacked and the women say, "If only I had listened to my inner voice, I just knew something wasn't right." I'm getting to a point in my life where I don't care if you think I'm crazy because I don't trust you. I have to protect myself and my fight-or-flight response is on activation! (I was in a parking deck by myself a couple months back and this man came out of nowhere. My senses were heighted as well.) Anyway, glad you are back and safe. It's a shame that we live in a world where we really can't trust people.......

I managed to eek out 3.25 miles. My shins are sore from this weekend and I just decided not to push it. I'm gonna take a few Advil and hop in the shower. I'm on baby call. My sister is scheduled to be induced for baby #2 on Wednesday, but we're hoping that nature takes its course and she (the baby) comes before then. Wish her luck!

A big shout out to everybody who has or will hit the trail today! You guys are so inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Hey Pam...I will keep your sister and the baby in my prayers! Good luck! I hope it's an easy and fast pregnancy!
  • Shannon023
    :noway: Glad you're okay, buckeye!!! :flowerforyou:

Like Pam said, it's good to listen to your inner voice. Better to be safe then sorry. :heart:

Good luck to your sister, Pam! :smooched:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I just finished 3.84 miles. I

did a 5 K on Saturday in Fitchburg, Mass., and finished in 29.55 minutes. I was pretty happy!
  • ali106
    OMG. Buckeyebabe. Your story sends chills down my back. I'm so glad that you are ok. How many stories have we read/heard where women are attacked and the women say, "If only I had listened to my inner voice, I just knew something wasn't right." I'm getting to a point in my life where I don't care if you think I'm crazy because I don't trust you. I have to protect myself and my fight-or-flight response is on activation! (I was in a parking deck by myself a couple months back and this man came out of nowhere. My senses were heighted as well.) Anyway, glad you are back and safe. It's a shame that we live in a world where we really can't trust people.......

I managed to eek out 3.25 miles. My shins are sore from this weekend and I just decided not to push it. I'm gonna take a few Advil and hop in the shower. I'm on baby call. My sister is scheduled to be induced for baby #2 on Wednesday, but we're hoping that nature takes its course and she (the baby) comes before then. Wish her luck!

A big shout out to everybody who has or will hit the trail today! You guys are so inspiring! :flowerforyou:

OMG...girl!!! been there!!!

so glad you're hubby was with you!!!! and always listen to that inner voice!!

i was like 21, running home at dusk near my home...just finishing my run, all I had on was shorts, a tee and my sneaks and my arm radio...this was pre ipod days LOL...okay so I finish my run, look across the street at the high school parking lot, notice a fellow who looks like my friend but no he has no dog...not him...cont on my way....THEN I happen to look around for some reason, he's all the sudden on the street across from me walking at a good pace....I turn around again...feeling um...somethings not right here...he's right behind me....I immediately turn off my music and think about running, but then say no don't be silly! ...so all the sudden he says...really low...excuse me....so I whip around and say ...yes? and he's like...oh um you have an extra cigarette? AND he's wrapping a freakin' bandanna around his hands....like almost I swear to god...he was gonna wrap it around me from behind or something...so I say...and I still can't believe I say this...."no sorry I don't smoke!" and turn to start to run and he GRABS ME!.....omg he had me in a head lock...this dude was over 6 feet and really built....he looked like a big construction worker or something....and really good looking for a scumbag! (he looked like a pal of mine...its sad to say if he looked shady I'd have probably run seeing him behind me....stupid!!!)....ANYWAY he tells me not to scream he won't hurt me...so I do my best to scream and he covers my mouth and then tells me scream again and I will kill you!!! SOOOO he starts to drag me into an alley way and I by the grace of god...I'm only 5'2"....pull his hand off my mouth w/ one hand....and w/ the other hand I reach up feel his eye sockets and scratch that bugger until he screamed and let me go!....OMG just typing it I'm getting freaked out again! .....

I ran away into the middle of the street and a van was coming and I said...help...and the guy looked at him...looked at me...and freakin' swerved around me...probably thinking we were fooling around or he was my boyfriend...he didn't look shady, he was really hot for a scumbag...ick!...anyway!....sigh...so I bolted down my street to my house and he must have decided not to follow as I was screaming bloody murder and HELP on the way home....it haunted me for YEARS I'm still super jumpy and I TRUST MY INSTINCTS!!!

never run alone ladies or if you do NO HEADPHONES!....ugh...brought back a lot of junk just then LOL...
    OH funny thing is they were filming Cops where I lived...and when the cops came after I called when I got home...the whole film crew came....my dad (rest his soul)was home by then said...GIVE ME 5 MINS ALONE W/ THAT B@ST@RD LOL...good o' dad!:heart:

whew that was like therapy...but soooo glad you're okay girl...AND

if someone every does happen to attack you...NEVER NEVER NEVER let them move you from where you are....big no no!! drop and kick or fight and bite...whatever you have to do....most horrible crimes happen when they abduct you....sorry to be a downer on this wonderful thread....hugs and :heart: and be safe all!!!
    Ali :ohwell:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Hello,

No running for me today.
    I will be hitting the pavement tomorrow. I'm going to try my new wax stick that helps prevent blisters.
    I always get one on the same side while wearing my HRM and one on my shoulders.
    I'll let you know if this stuff really works tomorrow.

Later!!
    Mireille :flowerforyou:
  • ali106

my quoting stinks today...lol

I meant to quote buckeye the first one LOL and you my dear ...hope all goes well w/ twinny and the baby!!! thinking of you!! big hugs!