It's my turn

Options
I've been a a member here for about 3 weeks now and I'm finally "introducing" myself. I find that I'm a little intimidated by the forums. They're so big and plentiful and full of already developed relationships. Here I am just trying to lose weight, who wants to hear from me. But I want to see the effects that a support system can create. So here we go:

I'm a recent college graduate who put on a college 50. Throughout my childhood I was heavily involved with dance by the end of my senior year I was in class or teaching 4 times a week. That kept me pretty svelte. When I got to college my eating habits stayed the same but I dropped to the barest modicum of activity. 5 years and fifty pounds later I'm back in the studio.

I'm determined to lose some of this excess poundage. I'm a pretty curvy girl even at my lowest weight of 125lbs I still had a c-cup and 39 inch hips. But I know that I can be better, sexier, healthier, skinnier. And that's my goal. Who's with me?

Replies

• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    well welcome! You can add me I love the support system here!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You're story could mirror mine! Although, I was not a dancer - just very active in HS. I also put on the college 50 and have lost and regained that same 50 about 4 times in the 11 years since I've graduate college (not exactly healthy - let me be a lesson to you in what not to do). I'm also curvy, but just think how tiny our waists are!! Even at my heaviest, my waist is still smaller than most of my friends.

Go ahead and add me as a friend - I'd love to support you through this. I'm in a big loss mode again now so we can help each other!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me... this place is amazing... and this is the first time I have actually stuck to living a healthier lifestyle.. I still cant believe the better food choices and decisions I now make thanks to MFP!!!
  • jpeebs88
    Options
    I, too, put on the College 50, 30 of which were from my senior year of college (stress is not my friend), and I just started my first year of grad school a couple months back. Congrats on making it here! We can loose our excess baggage!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you! Apart from the health implications of excess weight, the most important thing to me is feeling good about yourself! When you look back at the progress you made on here compared to where you are now, you WILL be happy! One of my goals is to wear a pair of 501's with a 32" waist that I used to love - yesterday I got them on - okay, they were too tight for comfort, but six weeks ago the buttons would not have met up under any circumstances!! Go for it! Rediscover an activity you like and get busy - the results are worth it...

regards, David
  • brookeallen2b
    Options
    I just joined 2 weeks ago and am loving MFP! I too have always been a dancer/cheerleader/athlete and have discovered Zumba at my local gym. If it's offered where you live you should try it - it combines latin dance, hip hop, and aerobics. It's so awesome. And our class ranges in all ages. body types, and sizes. It is a great way to get moving and burn calories doing something you love!