Green Beans..

Options
I haven't eaten enough veggies today and I'm sitting here looking at a bag of green beans..any ideas of what I should do with them?

Replies

• gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    steam and eat
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Chinese Beans (if you don't like them steamed or raw.)

Simmer briefly (until bright green and al dente). In a frying pan, heat about 1 t oil. Add beans, and cook until slightly blistered. Add garlic, and a little soy sauce (enough to coat the beans, but not so much that they swim.)

We eat this with rice. My kids would eat these beans by themselves. Cold. For breakfast.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Blanch them, serve w/ olive oil, lemon juice and dill or maybe just some slivered almonds.
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    Green Bean Fries! Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with grill seasoning. Roast at 425 for 20 minutes. Yummy!
  • Behavioral
    Options
    Toss with a little olive oil, maybe a tsp, add a little salt and pepper. Put just a few almonds in a frying pan also tossed with olive oil, just a little. Cook the beans and almonds just until they are crisp tender...also works with walnuts.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, for lunch I have been just putting a serving in a bowl, microwaving them, adding some lemon or lime juice and gobbling them up. I keep frozen veggies in the freezer at work and it has helped a bunch this week with not only meeting my calorie goals, but also to meet my nutritional needs that had been lacking.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    Green Bean Fries! Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with grill seasoning. Roast at 425 for 20 minutes. Yummy!

do they come out crispy like fries? i could use a crunchy snack (i miss my dry carbs :-/)
  • Tinkaboo
    Options
    This is going to sound weird and you're all gonna think it's sick and wrong but...... I love mine with vinegar on! Mmmmm! Or (slightly more normally) with a carton of chopped tomatoes and basil! Yummy!

XxX
  • smithbuddy
    Options
    thats not weird! i love them like that :)
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options

do they come out crispy like fries? i could use a crunchy snack (i miss my dry carbs :-/)

I was going to ask the same thing! If they do this could end up being a beautiful relationship!
  • CARLAN1985
    Options
    steam then sprinkle with curry powder :) yummy x
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i love green beans! and the only way i eat them is sauteed (well, steam them first so they get soft) with tomato, onion, and garlic, a little salt and pepper.

yum!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Steam them then toss them in Newmans low fat sesame ginger dressing
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My family makes green been salad with very fresh blanched green been, sour cream, vinegar, and shallots. Sometimes we add dill or green onion. It tastes extremely refreshing!!! I know it sounds a little weird, but it is one of those simple recipes that just tastes great.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options

These are so good! Except I use cooking spray instead of olive oil. Make sure to leave them in long enough to get crispy!

I've heard some people dip them in ketchup like fries, but I like mine with vinegar.
  • biggerpix
    Options
    Chinese Beans (if you don't like them steamed or raw.)

Simmer briefly (until bright green and al dente). In a frying pan, heat about 1 t oil. Add beans, and cook until slightly blistered. Add garlic, and a little soy sauce (enough to coat the beans, but not so much that they swim.)

We eat this with rice. My kids would eat these beans by themselves. Cold. For breakfast.

Oh Yum!
  • Behavioral
    Options
    Just great! Now I'm hungry for green beans and I can only get frozen or canned at my little grocery store. What's a girl to do? Does it work with frozen beans?