HRM HELP!

dancinblonde0099
dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
I just bought a HRM and it doesn't seem right at all! Please help me out.

I worked out to a dvd that combines weights and cardio, in 30 minutes it said i burnt 29 callories! I couldn't beileve it at all! I made my boyfriend get on the elliptical and he did only 3 minutes lol and burnt 40 callories and the watch said only 5! Please tell me this is just a cheapo and i need to find a different one!

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    probably poorly made. i'd return it.

i bought some walmart one that kept resetting the settings itself randomly. so i bought a different one instead.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    return it!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    What kind did you purchase?
  • dancinblonde0099
    I bought mine from walmart for $30, I don't want to spend that much money on it but I want one that will actually work! Any suggestions?
  • Sounds broken.

I recently bought the Polar RS100 as I didn't trust the HRM built into the machine.

So far, I have nothing bad to say about it (other than the price at $150 CAD).
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I am assuming it is one with a chest strap. If not it cannot record your heart rate continuously and cannot figure out your calories properly. Also, make sure the chest strap is tight enough. If mine gets loose it will not measure correctly. I got mine at walmart as well, and it has worked fine for the most part. The chest strap is getting a little worn now though.
  • dancinblonde0099
    Mine isn't a chest strap. It is a SPortline S7 Slim, 7-functin ECG heart rate watch. Watches don't work at all?
  • dancinblonde0099
    Mine isn't a chest strap. It is a SPortline S7 Slim, 7-functin ECG heart rate watch. Watches don't work at all?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    If it doesn't have a chest strap then they are pretty useless. Take it back and get a refund. Have a look at the Polar HRM's there should be one to suit your budget with a chest strap.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Get one with a chest strap. I got mine about a year ago at Wal-mart for about $50. I am thinking of getting something else at this point, but mine still works and has the advantage that the batteries are easy to change.
This discussion has been closed.