Digital Scale Vs Analog Scale!!!!

Options
:sad: Hi Everyone!!! just wondering which type of scale people use and which ones they recommend. I have always had an analog scale, its always hard to tell where the dial is actually pointng so i decided to get a digital. Well, the digital says im 4 pounds heavier than what i though :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: should have stayed with the analog!!!! oh well, guess this will push me harder to lower that number..thanks for listening :)

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i found that as well when i made a switch a few years ago.
  • redhotmel12
    Options
    That happened to me too! I decided to switch after my first weigh in, and then I was up a few pounds.
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    I use a digital, but no scale is acurate only the doctors.:sad:
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    I know I should switch, but I don't want to break my own heart...
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was happily 5 lbs lighter on my analogue scales, they never seemed to move!! then I got the digital scales out and I had a nasty fright too, but the numbers are coming back down ;-), the trouble with digital scales is they are sooo sensitive, and if it works in your favour that's great, but if not..it can get you down!! They're not good for daily weighing either..:-/
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always used a analog scale, switched to a digital and same thing as everyone else it said I was heavier! Went for a doctors appt. his scale was the same as my analog. I switched back :bigsmile:
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me as well and it is very disappointing. There was a 6 lb difference. I still use my analog scale.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I use a digital one. Incidentally, the one at the doctors is digital too, and they have two and they are 4 lbs different from each other!
  • weightlossgrind
    weightlossgrind Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!!! i feel much better :)
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My digital scale will give me different numbers every time I get on it. I can try it 3 times in a row and gain or lose 2.5lbs in less than a minute. I'm not sure I believe that mine is all that accurate...
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was happily 5 lbs lighter on my analogue scales, they never seemed to move!! then I got the digital scales out and I had a nasty fright too, but the numbers are coming back down ;-), the trouble with digital scales is they are sooo sensitive, and if it works in your favour that's great, but if not..it can get you down!! They're not good for daily weighing either..:-/

I weigh myself in the same spot at about the same time in the morning in my birthday suit. I think this is what is usually recommended (the same place and time that is). The only reason I have been weighing in everyday is b/c I am on the Shakeology cleanse. This is my last day though.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I use a digital, but no scale is acurate only the doctors.:sad:

Except that half the day has passed, I've eaten and exercised, I'm wearing clothes (and most of the time a hoodie). As long as you use the same machine to weigh yourself each day, I'd guess that is the best bet.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just bought a digital one tonight. It tells me other things like body fat, and how many calories I should be eating for my goal weight. Who knows if it's any good or not. It also hold the information for 4 people so I added my oldest son and I'll be adding my husband as well.

I had been going to GNC to use their scale once a month but, I've done that twice so far and my height was higher the second time and my weight was 4 pounds heavier. Those scales are $1 to use so I figured I'd just buy one for home. At least that way I have the same scale each time. I'm not as concerned about the weight as the body fat. I'm trying to lose about 3 or 4 %.
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I dont use a scale. I weigh myself on the wii balance board. I tested it and it is within a half pound from my doctors scale. Much more accurate than the digital scale I had before.
  • jackienicole72
    jackienicole72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you have some weights at home put a set amount on your scale (20 lbs-50 lbs) This should tell you if there is a discrepancy or not. I did it with my old digital scale and found that it was out by about 2 lbs or so, but that my wii board (which is used in a carpeted room) was bang on.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    You can check your scale whether analog or digital for its overall accuracy with a known weight, grab a 10lb bag of potatoes and step on the scale, weigh on the same scale without the potatoes and if its a 10lb bag you should see 10lb difference, if its not then your scale is off anyway.
  • zatsdeb
    zatsdeb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers digital scale, and it was accurate to the ones at weight watchers when I would weigh in, I think you get what you pay for usually. my scale was not cheap but was not expensive also.. think about 20 bucks, and it works great!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I just bought a digital one tonight. It tells me other things like body fat, and how many calories I should be eating for my goal weight. Who knows if it's any good or not. It also hold the information for 4 people so I added my oldest son and I'll be adding my husband as well.

I had been going to GNC to use their scale once a month but, I've done that twice so far and my height was higher the second time and my weight was 4 pounds heavier. Those scales are $1 to use so I figured I'd just buy one for home. At least that way I have the same scale each time. I'm not as concerned about the weight as the body fat. I'm trying to lose about 3 or 4 %.

Can you tell us what kind of scale you got? Thanks