Ahhhh, sweet caffeinated elixer

Options
I have recently become a morning coffee addict! I never ever used to drink ANYTHING with caffeine in it...unless it was coffee brandy :laugh: But since I've had my daughter I have slowly added in a little here and there and now I'm a full blown coffee-holic in the AM. I can even drink it black! What has happened to me? lol I used to get all jittery from 1/2 a cup of coffee, now I'm downing about 12 ounces of the stuff the morning just to keep my eyes open. Is this ok? Does caffeine help or hurt when it comes to losing weight? I know I have seen a similar post, but alas I can't find it...lol Let me know whatcha think! I could cut it back to just the one cup a day I guess...but it tastes sooooo good! lol Thanks guys :wink:

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have recently become a morning coffee addict! I never ever used to drink ANYTHING with caffeine in it...unless it was coffee brandy :laugh: But since I've had my daughter I have slowly added in a little here and there and now I'm a full blown coffee-holic in the AM. I can even drink it black! What has happened to me? lol I used to get all jittery from 1/2 a cup of coffee, now I'm downing about 12 ounces of the stuff the morning just to keep my eyes open. Is this ok? Does caffeine help or hurt when it comes to losing weight? I know I have seen a similar post, but alas I can't find it...lol Let me know whatcha think! I could cut it back to just the one cup a day I guess...but it tastes sooooo good! lol Thanks guys :wink:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I personally, dont find that coffee helps or hinders my weight-loss in any way. and I drink ALOT more than you lol I usually have 2-3 cups in the morning 1 at lunch 1 at dinner :embarassed: I love my coffee, and my coffe loves me. My kids and hubby are deffinately happier when I have it lol

mornin.jpg?t=1214223905
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Coffee, in moderation is fine!! I LOVE my morning cup of java myself! It's almost like a ritual to make it and sip it slowly as I wake up! It definitely sets the tone for the day. I tend to just drink my one cup in the morning (it's a big pottery barn mug)....and maybe once in awhile I get an iced coffee in the afternoon.

Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water as well since caffeine tends to dehydrate you. I think that is what would affect your weight more than anything. Before I allow myself that cup of coffee, I will drink 24 ounces of water first to sort of earn it.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Yep deffinately make sure ya get the water in. I'm the type of person who always has a drink in my hand. So while I may have alot of coffee , I have anywhere from 10-16 8 oz glasses of water/ day. No wonder I live in the washroom :indifferent:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    alrighty! thanks :) I drink plenty of water as well so I guess I have nothing to worry about. Thanks again lovelies! :heart:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm a coffee fanatic myself....I drink at least an entire pot every day plus my sugar free red bull before a workout. It hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. I have lost 14 lbs in 5 weeks and haven't cut down on the caffeine one little bit. I just don't use creamer now.]
    Have a good day...:happy: