deli style turkey breast

Options
harley0269
harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
i have a 3lb fully cooked deli style turkey breast to use up. any recipe ideas you want to share???

Replies

• karen415
    Options
    tear it up and throw it in a salad ♥
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread and mustard
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    turkey pot pie!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    Lunch meat Quessadillas or wraps!!!

Get some low-cal wraps (I use TOUFAYAN brand)... Throw some low-fat mozzarella cheese and some spinach along side the turkey...Then grill it!

Wrap it up, or make it like a quessadilla!

Then dip in Salsa! Yumm! This is a go-to lunch for me, but it's great for dinner too! Have some low-fat cottage cheese or fruit along side it and VIOLA! A yummy meal!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I had a fridge full of deli lunch meats when I started this diet. I was shocked to find out that almost all deli style meats are full of nitrates and other harmful chemical preservatives. The only one I found that is only meat with no additives is Hormel's Natural Choice brand. I hated to do it, but I just threw out what I had. Once I found out what was in it I just didn't want to eat it. In fact I have a whole pantry of foods I can no longer eat! I guess I could donate them to a food pantry. Learning to eat healthy is such a challenge for me!

Good luck with your weight loss!

Angela
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    We just had a little Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I bought turkey at the deli sliced .5 inch thick, made stuffing, cranberry sauce from the freezer and green beans. What a treat!