Girl Scout Cookies-- Ack!

Options
Between several adorable children who waved order forms at me, I now I have four boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I think I'm going to just set myself a one cookie a day limit-- and they'll last longer that way. :)

Replies

• momofconor
    Options
    I am the Cookie Mom for my daughter's troop! Talk about temptation! I had 1300+ cookies in my garage this past weekend. But I can say that I have NOT had a cookie yet. I got them out of my house as quickly as possible. Thin Mints are my weakness, meaning I can sit down by myself and eat the entire box!

I wish you luck and be strong, one a day sounds like a good plan.

4745767.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I am a Girl scout troop leader and My house will soon be over run with those darn cookies lucky for me I only like two kinds Thin mints and Samoas! freeze them and they will be harder to eat a bunch at one time. Or you could donate them to a food pantry somewhere to resist the tempatation then you have done something for the Girls and the hungry. :smile:
  • topazz9
    Options
    good luck! hah i tried that last week.. ended up eating 680 cals worth of thin mints :sad: darn girlscouts :grumble:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some through my friend's daughter. I'll have to limit myself for sure. Lol!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *grins*
    donate them to the nearest food bank to avoid temptation? *S*
    2 good deeds for price of one!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ya, but at the price of one box these days... Who can afford to really go that overboard AND still keep the good (healthy) stuff we really need??? I may get a box or two though... Im sure I'll get help eating them!! There's a house on my running route that has a sign posted... I may have to stop by soon...
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    *grins*
    donate them to the nearest food bank to avoid temptation? *S*
    2 good deeds for price of one!

You could get together for tea with others who are watching cals, etc. and put out only 1 or 2 for each on their tea cup so there is no temptation for more.
    Have lunch at school with your kids and bring one box and split with your daughter and her closest buds, 1 or 2 for you then pass off the rest to the teachers lounge
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Oh. I ordered some they are so hard to resist!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    just remember, no one is holding you down making you eat those cookies
    give them away. Give them back to the troop and let them donate them to their favorite cause.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like the Samoas too much to give them all away. ;) If this is really a lifestyle change-- well, I don't want to live a life where I can never eat another Samoa. One a day!

The others, I may just give away. I run my own pet sitting and dog walking business, and sometimes when folks are out of town for several days, I'll bake some cookies or muffins and leave them wrapped on their kitchen counter for the day that they get home as a little treat (I like to bake, but don't want to eat all the goods that result from it). I guess there's no reason I couldn't leave folks a few Girl Scout cookies as a thank you in place of the muffins! :)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I avoided the cookies completely by donating to Operation Cookie Drop, which purchases Girl Scout cookies for our troops overseas. Temptation avoided!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is a great opportunity for mindful eating. Thoroughly enjoy a single serving for desert every other day. My landlady brought me a plate of brownies a few weeks ago and I almost threw them out. Instead I cut them in half, hid them in my microwave and that plate lasted 2 weeks. I enjoyed those brownies over and over. The little bit satisfied the chocolate urge. I didn't think I could do it but I did. Mindful eating is a great way to have your cookies and eat them too!
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    I say just follow the serving size on the box and eat your cookies, just don't eat the whole box in one sitting. grab the four or whatever and put the rest away quickly. :-) i did that today with thin mints. it worked just fine.
  • myrabarlow
    Options
    Once a girl scout, always a girl scout.
    Ya, but at the price of one box these days... Who can afford to really go that overboard AND still keep the good (healthy) stuff we really need??? I may get a box or two though... Im sure I'll get help eating them!! There's a house on my running route that has a sign posted... I may have to stop by soon...
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    good luck! hah i tried that last week.. ended up eating 680 cals worth of thin mints :sad: darn girlscouts :grumble:

I am afraid that will be me when the little neighbor girl drops off our order. Ordering in advance is BAD! I hadn't commited to MFP or P90 when we ordered!
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    Put them in the freezer it makes you have to wait to even have the cookie and it can never be a moment cookie, it has to be a decided cookie!
  • tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Freeze them! Out of site...out of mind. Then when you find them, it is like a little treat! Good luck. I am waiting for mine to come in. I hope I will have the will power to only eat 1 or 2 at a time!