Hungry Hungry Hungry!!!

Options
Every since Saturday night, I have been starving. I have been eating within my allotted calories, but I have been STARVING since.

Should I adjust my calories to loose 1 pound a week for awhile, versus 2, and see if my body is all *RAWRGLE* and wanting more food?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    That's one way. Or you can up your protein and fibre and eat less carbs. I can't see your diary, but if you're eating a lot of carbs that makes you hungry. good luck :flowerforyou:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's one way. Or you can up your protein and fibre and eat less carbs. I can't see your diary, but if you're eating a lot of carbs that makes you hungry. good luck :flowerforyou:

Girl! you took the words right out of my mouth--I could not have said it any better. AMEN!! THis is my motto!!!!
  • sfootman
    sfootman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure you age drinking your water . Our body will tell us we are thirsty and we mistake it for hunger.

Also make sure you are not eating "empty" calories. Make the calories coutn (whole grain pastas, bread..etc, fruits and veggies)

just somthing to consider...
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary and would recommend that you eat more fruits and vegetables and lean protien (chicken, fish). Those help you stay full longer. Swap your morning juice for an apple, more calories - yes, less sugar and takes more time for your body to process = feeling fuller longer. Snacks should be yogurt and a string cheese, apple and peanutbutter, handfull of nuts.....

You are on the right track. Just get rid of some of the processed foods, eat 6 times a day - lean protiens, complex carbohydrates and lots of fruits and vegis! :smile:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb counter myself. Not a drastic one- I try to keep 135-175 carbs a day. It sounds like a lot, but it's not. Fill up on your dietary fiber, that will help with fullness!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    plus lots of small meals all day. i keep a bag of babycarrots in the fridge at work, & some cubed cheese, an oz of cheese & a handful of carrots really helps between meals.

i also find that when i eat breakfast im starving all day. so i try to graze on veggies, so that i dont get home & eat a handful of chips.