Need snack ideas

Ann9255
Ann9255 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I am fairly new to this website (love it!) and looking for some easy snack ideas to bring to work. I do have access to a refrigerator and i am watching my carbs/sugars . Looking for any suggestions to have some variety. Thanks!

Replies

• yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Wow...the possibilities are endless.
    Soups
    fruit
    string cheese
    nuts
    yogurts
    Check out my diary for some ideas...all I do is snack.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    My favorite snacks are almonds, fruit and trail mix. But yalisa is right...there are TONS of possibilities out there.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    A snack does not necessarily have to be snack food. You can simply eat a small version of something you would normally eat at super or lunch---2 ounces of extra lean protein and half cup of veggies for example.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Lately I'm on a celery with a little peanut butter kick - or celery and hummus. Yum!
  • Nuts are a nutritious snack but they are high in calorie but loaded with omega 3s. Yoplait light n lively yogurt is only 70-80 calories. Grilled veggies are terrific as well as hummus. You can also eat lowfat ricotta cheese and add some honey. Really delicious!

Good luck.
  • I measure everything, and then mix snacks in a baggie...ex: almonds, cereal, dried fruit, crackers etc.

I also love carrots and hummus, light cheesesticks, yogurt, apples, and almonds.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,338 Member
    I take snacks to work and keep some in my desk drawer. Unsalted nuts like almonds, peanuts, and pecans are satisfying. I've bought the 100 calorie snacks so I have portion control. I also love the sugar free jello cups (lime is my favorite), fat free chocolate pudding cups ( I think there are sugar free ones too), string cheese, raw veggies, celery with peanut butter, Popchips (natural potatoe chip snacks with different flavors and satisfy the salt need, 22 chips for 120 calories), yogurt, graham crackers with peanut butter, and many more! Viewing friends' food diaries to see what they record is another way to get ideas...
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    I like dried fruits (higher in sugar, but it's all good sugar! And dried strawberries taste like candy!) and trail mixes, which tend to be high in calories and energy and very low in sodium. What I do with snacks, to keep myself from oversnacking and also to give me a bit of variety, I portion everything out into snack bags - so if one serving of almonds is 1/3 cup, into a bag it goes. I label it with the calories and sodium, and then toss all the bags together in a bin in my locker. I have one for dried fruit and one for everything else. Depending on what I'm craving, I just blindly grab from a bin.

Tea is also a great snack replacement. Black, it has no calories, no sodium, no carbs, no nothing but pure flavour. I find that if I'm craving something sweet, a sweet buttered rum tea or an herbal berry tea can hit that without sacrificing calories.
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    yogurt
    nuts or trail mix
    cut up cucumbers/ carrots/ celery/ bell peppers other veggies
    fruit of course
    granola bars are easiest, I think, but look for the ones that are a little bit better for you. I like slimfast chocolate mint snack bars alot. They are only 100 calories, but so tasty (if you like chocolate and mint!)
    applesauce
    jello
    100 calorie packs, come in various flavors, I like the oreo ones and chocolate chip and the cheese-itz
    oh and this is would require a freezer, but they are great for home too- Weight Watchers strawberry smoothie frozen yogurt bars are AWESOME!!!!! and only 60 calories!

Hope that helps!!
  • I was going to post something like this. I had triscuits and a cheese stick and it was 200 calories! I eat nuts but those are high in calories. I'm looking for really low calorie alternatives.
  • Ann9255
    Ann9255 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow-thanks for the ideas! I appreciate all the quick replies.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Individual serving size pouches of tuna or salmon, pretzels, frozen fruit juice bars, Skinny Cow ice cream, 100 calorie cans of fruit (I like canned pineapple or peaches), protein bars
  • Sugar free chocolate pudding, sugar free jello, sugar free rice pudding!
This discussion has been closed.