Sweet tooth! Help!

Options
I am eating really healthy meals and manage well without something sweet MOST OF THE TIME!! I had a banana,some greek yoghurt and a small drizzle of maple syrup last night which satisfied...any other ideas??? Fed the body now need help feeding the soul:love:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The more sugar you eat, the more you will crave. Your best option is to fight it and try to opt for Extra lean protein instead.
  • katikati
    Options
    Thanks i'll try...wow you look great well done :flowerforyou:
  • Glowglow
    Options
    Chewing gum helps me with the sweet tooth and for feeding your soul read John 3:16 in the Bible. God is your answer.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth, let me tell you. What I made for dinner was just awesome. Took to med. sized sweet potatoes (yams) wrapped them in foil and sat on the rack. about 30 min later, took them out, peeled the skin, mashed, and covered with a lil cant believe not butter spray, 1 packet of splenda, and some cinnamon, so good, and sweet too!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Make sure to include some complex carbs in your diet, this might help reduce cravings.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Drinking a bottle of SoBe Life Water, the ones without sugar in them but have natural sweetener are satisfying and count towards water intake. Read the label carefully because some have 11 or more grams of sugar. Celery with peanut butter and raisens on top or a Quaker Plain Rice Cake with peanut butter and raisens on top are very satisfying. Small mini candy bars 1-3 are a real treat without totally blowing it.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I find most bars from a health food shop satisfy my sweet tooth. I presume you're in the U.S. so I don't know if you've got the same stuff as we do. I really like the Nakd and Trek bars. They're made from natural ingredients. I'm really into agave nectar at the moment too. Apparently it doesn't adversely affect blood sugar so I use that instead of honey or sugar.

I also like rice cakes with Tofutti cream cheese and pure fruit spread. I kid myself it's a bit like a cheesecake. It's not the same, I know, but I've yet to find a low cal, low sugar, low fat, low crap cheesecake anywhere so that'll have to do!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    take a grahm cracker break in half put fat free whipped cream between them wrap in foil and freeze..it's like a ice cream sandwich
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I thought of something else. Have you tried that dessert gum? Someone gave me a piece of the Key Lime Pie flavor. It never lost its flavoring and it took care of my craving for dessert and something sweet. I haven't found it in the stores but my friend bought it at Super America Gas Station. Do you have those nearby?
  • mfergie889
    Options
    A small bowl of cereal at night is good (just watch the sodium). I like to mix regular rice krispies with chocolate rice krispies. Low fat hot cocoa is also fave, and it fills me up quickly. (I use water instead of milk). Granola bars and trail mix with chocolate are also snacks I use.

I LOVE SUGAR.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    vitatops from vitalicious.com in whichever flavor you like best. 100 cals each, and tons of fiber
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I tried Skinny Cow Ice cream and the new Crystal Light frozen treats and wow delish! The Crystal Lgith tasted like an italian Icee only 35 calories!
  • krisnshan
    Options
    wow is it really THAT bad, to have a taste of dark chocolate? I mean really? If you are exercising and counting your calories, you aren't allowed 2 pieces? I sure have them from time to time and I have still lost weight! If you completely deprive yourself I think you will binge at some point. Best of luck!
  • mfergie889
    Options
    take a grahm cracker break in half put fat free whipped cream between them wrap in foil and freeze..it's like a ice cream sandwich

Wow that sounds AMAZING!!!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I chew fruit flavored sugar free gum. It tastes sweet and satisfies that urge to just munch on something. Sometimes I just think I need something to "chew". I also use sugar free Nestles Quick in 1% milk. I hope this helps!

Angela
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    @ mfergie889, That is a ton of carbs...especially for at night. I don't eat any carbs past 7. My trainer made me lay off the cereal and granola/ fitness bars, etc. She said it was too many empty carbs.
  • katikati
    Options
    I agree!!!! Hasn't done me any harm! Just needed inspiration for when there is none in the house lol.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow ice cream bars too, for a couple of reasons. The sweet ice cream is amazingly good, but then I keep the stick and chew on it for a while to eliminate wanting to eat anything else. I think it meets the same thing as chewing a piece of gum for me, only since I have a bad habit of swallowing my gum, it is a better choice!
  • just4laughs
    Options

This is a pretty good idea!!!
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favourite sweet treat at the moment is meringues made with stevia.
    Yum and fairly healthy. lots of protein.

here is the link http://recipes.steviva.com/recipe/low-glycemic-sugar-free-almond-meringue-cookies . I also add a small amount of sugar so the get the right texture.