need someone

penniepie
penniepie Posts: 37
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
I really want to loose 10 lbs...

I have been under alot of stress with working 2 jobs, purchasing my new home with my bf whom i will be living with for the first time, as well as living with grandparents to save money for the new home. Yes this is a great way to spend time with them (what little time i have to spread myself thin) but they are going through their own health scares and tests and hospital stuff that i feel the depression from them as well as my own guilt that i can not support them more - im trying to do so many things and be 25 all at the same time!

So this leads me to why i need someone.

I have tried this in the past and failed and this time i want to succeed. I find myself for the first time in my life eating and night and eating bad food as a comfort for all my above anxieties.

I need someone to help motivate and work work with me through these 10 lbs.

I have a handful of work out videos because i dont fidn the time for the gym - although i would like to try and go on my lunches at work....and i know i need to work on diet!

Can someone help me :S

I am 5'8'' - 141 lbs - goal 129

Replies

• penniepie
    I really want to loose 10 lbs...

I have been under alot of stress with working 2 jobs, purchasing my new home with my bf whom i will be living with for the first time, as well as living with grandparents to save money for the new home. Yes this is a great way to spend time with them (what little time i have to spread myself thin) but they are going through their own health scares and tests and hospital stuff that i feel the depression from them as well as my own guilt that i can not support them more - im trying to do so many things and be 25 all at the same time!

So this leads me to why i need someone.

I have tried this in the past and failed and this time i want to succeed. I find myself for the first time in my life eating and night and eating bad food as a comfort for all my above anxieties.

I need someone to help motivate and work work with me through these 10 lbs.

I have a handful of work out videos because i dont fidn the time for the gym - although i would like to try and go on my lunches at work....and i know i need to work on diet!

Can someone help me :S

I am 5'8'' - 141 lbs - goal 129
  • celeste15
    celeste15 Posts: 51
    Hey there.

I just wanted to let you know that not only does this site help with weight loss but it also has a great support system. I've been here since April and have since lost 10 pounds. Every time I've needed advice or had a question about something, someone has always been there with exactly what I needed to hear so you're at the right place. I had the same bad habits as you did, eating at the wrong times and then also eating the wrong things. How much time do you think you could dedicate to exercise? If you could start out doing small workouts, for example, maybe even 15 minutes a day of cardio or 30 minutes every 3 days, that would even be a great start. This site helps so much also with your calorie counting but the exercise is also a big part of it. I've got more weight to lose than you dobut we can help each other out if you'd like! Write me any time.

Celeste
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    ditto goes for me - drop me a line any time!

it is amazing how stress can take a toll on your body (both weight and physical/mental). I agree with celeste15 - a little exercise should help you out. Even if it is a little. you'll decrease stress and it will help you sleep better at night (maybe passing on the night snacks!).

i jopined a few weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so far. this site really helps me keep track of what i eat and the exercise. plus i like the blogging aspect - makes me feel like it is not just a journal! people respond and you find things in common, they help you along.

so drop me a line anytime!!!! and good luck! i have more to lose than you - i'd like to lose 20 more pounds (to be at 127 - I'm 5"6). so we can do this together!!!!! good luck!!!!! and stay positive.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    We have a Daily Board called 'the last 10 lbs' - please join us! We are all struggling with the same issue!

The body doesn't want to let go of those precious last 10 lbs just in case it needs reserve for possible crisis (starvation mode!). So you need to give your body a gentle nudge or subtle reminder that you love it and will take care of it!

We are trying zig-zagging calories and exercise to increase metabolism and finding our happy place so that we maintain our sanity while trying to shed those nasty last 10!

Have you read about zig-zagging calories? Basically, you jump around during the week so your body doesn't get used to the same amount of calories. Do a search on it, there is lots of good info that is far more detailed than this....

Also, you may need to be realistic about your goal...you body may not be comfortable going as low as you want it to - you are 5'8" - 129lbs seems very low for that height.
  • penniepie
    wow! guys thank you for the wonderful support!!!

What have each of you found was an effective excercise workout?
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    lifting weights is the best for me! i really respond to weights much faster than to cardio!
This discussion has been closed.