Filling Breakfast Ideas

Options
Does anyone have any filling breakfast ideas for me? I used to eat a low cal bagel or some toast but would be hungry by 10am. However, for the past two days I have been eating poached eggs on low cal toast which fills me and Im not hungry until noon. Is it okay to continue to eat eggs that often? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    a buddy told me just now, "protein bar and water."
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    these are the things i find most filling:

breakfast burrito (eggs, beans, pico de gallo, a little cheese [not much] rice and spice)

oatmeal with cranberries, raisins or mashed fruit like applesauce or pumpkin

yogurt topped with granola
  • yalva1
    yalva1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I think it is okay to eat some of the same things. I am totally a creature of habit. I do know though that eventually I get bored and then I fall off the wagon.

Eating Well.com has some good recipes.

I like the greek yogurt for breakfast, I also like oatmeal with some prunes. I know prunes..but really they are just plums!! LOL.

Good luck.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Try Egg beaters--I can't live without them. Eat them with one slice of whole grain bread, maybe a little bit of low-fat cheese--yummo.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No matter what breakfast I have, I will sip my coffee all morning long. that keeps me from snacking. Easy trick ;)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Yes, eggs are a fantastic choice for breakfast. I mix one whole egg with 2 parts egg whites and it keeps me full for hours. I always try to incorporate some type of protein in my breakfast. If i'm on the run, it's either a hard boiled egg or some string cheese.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    eggs are great!

You can also take 1 whole egg and mix with 3 or 4 egg whites and make scrambled to change it up, or even add veggies and cheese for an omelet.

I have a plain greek yogurt with agave, 5 pecan halves, and gg scandinavian crumbs and 1 tbsp of golden raisins for breakfast. This usually keeps me satiated for about 4-5 hours.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is the best!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have found that any sort of protein in the morning is what keeps me going until lunch time. If I don't have protein I want a snack by 11 am! Your poached egg sounds great. For variety, try nonfat plain greek yogurt with lowfat granola, a whole bunch of berries and a drizzle of honey! Today I had oatmeal with cinnamon, pecans, blackberries and a teeny drizzle of syrup. It was tasty, but definitely didn't keep me until lunch time. I am hoping to find a way to add protein...even if I have to put in a scoop of protein powder...it was a great cold morning breakfast!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    For around 250 cals (which is a protien bar) you can have a spinach bacon and cheese omelet. Seriously.
    1 whole egg + 2 egg whites (100 cals)
    3 Strips of Oscar Meyer Center cut bacon (70 cals)
    1 Cup of fresh spinach (5 cals)
    1/3 cup low fat part skim mozzarella cheese (80 cals)

I fry the bacon set it aside and let it cool. I then beat the egg with garlic powder, a little cayenne and cumin put it in a hot pan add the spinach (I tear it into pieces) the cheese and the bacon (also torn into bite size pieces) Flip it in half cook it through and you have breakfast. It doesn't take very long and it's DELISH that will keep me going all morning. :)

hungry-girl.com has receipes for egg mugs as well that are pretty similar and a little faster.

Hope that helps!!