Lemon Diet

Options
Has anyone heard of the master cleanser diet that Beyonce was on?
I was thinking about trying it for a week just to see if id get any results. of course im not only going to be drinking that id probably have a fruit in the morning and light veggies for dinner just so i dont starve myself....im hoping to lose at least 7lbs by next friday.
if youve heard anything positive or negative please let me know
ooooor even better....if youve tried it yourself :)

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Look up Master Cleanse - believe it is water, lemon juice and cayenne pepper, though not sure of the proportions.

Have to wonder why you would half *kitten* it? The whole idea is to rid the body of all solids, so perhaps if you don't want to starve yourself, perhaps a juice cleanse would be a better option? That way you can still consume your desired number of calories. Remember with these cleanses that weight loss is a side affect, not the object. The only way you achieve the goal is by doing it correctly.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have done the master cleanse many times actually :]

although I do not do it for weight loss.... i do it for the toxin flush gahah xD

Although the point of the cleanse is for it to be a fast, It wont work properly if you eat foods and could be hard on your system.

And a lot of the weight is just water weight and lack of food in your system.

and be warned..... a quart of salt water every morning. you will NOT be able to leave the bathroom for 1-2 in the mornings...
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    my parents have done it before. IT looks disgusting if you do it right. you have to drink salt water, and lemon juice with cayenne pepper and syrup.. They saw results, but its not necessarily about weight loss per say because after you finish the cleanse, your body has flushed out the toxins and your supposed to eat just broth and soft veggies for a couple days and slowly work your way up to a healthy diet. if you just jump right back into eating your normal food, you'll just gain weight back..

My dad saw results of about 15 pounds in 2 weeks, but he gained about 10 back afterwards.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Just FYI: first of all it's nasty :sick:
    Secondly you have to watch the cayenne level, too much and you'll be in the bathroom..a lot :blushing:
    If you want to do a cleanse check with your local health food store, there are some good ones out there that focus on clean eating and taking a pill to help rid the body of build up. A good one is Metagenics Advoclear. Good luck!
  • fiercegoddess
    Options
    Personally, I don't believe in following fad diets. You'll lose the weight and then when you start eating real food again, you'll gain it all back. If you are serious about losing weight, don't take short cuts. The only way you will get where you want to be and stay there is by hard work. That means eating well balanced, nutritious meals and exercising. Don't set yourself up for failure and disappointment by trying "quick fixes." Weight loss takes a certain mindset to achieve and maintain. The sooner you stop looking for miracles and following potentially unhealthy short cuts, the sooner you will be on track to being successful.