Demotivated!

Options
Everyone has been commenting on how great I am looking. I have lost the last bit of extra baby weight. Now, I feel like....am I done. I know this is supposed to be a lifestyle change and moving to healthier eating and better choices. But, I just feel like, well I look better...where are my carbs, and junk!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I have been to that place...I lost all of my baby weight in the first 6 months...I had gained 50, yikes...but over the two to three years that followed I put back on almost 40 pounds eating junk and convenience food because I am a full time working mom who commutes an hour each way to work! Now he's almost 5 and I look like I never lost a pound! Stick with it! You do not want to be where I am in 4 years!
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Are you serious? You lost the weight and look great... so now you want to go back to old habits and gain weight and allow yourself to revert back to the old you?

Not a great way of thinking.

I say get your butt up, throw out all the junk and get moving! This IS a lifestyle change and I hate to tell you, but if you aren't committed to it - don't expect those pretty results to last long :)
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oh believe me you do not want to be done. I love 45 lbs and the same thing happened to me so I said well I can go ahead and eat this then before you know it from May to Decemeber I had gained 25 back. I still had a long way to go even having lost the 45. Now I am having to loose the wieght over again. Just do it to be healthy. I have been doing MFP for a month now and know and I don't have any desire to eat bad. Everyone here keeps me so motivated.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I did something similar, lost 70 lbs and then I moved on to my undergrad college. I didn't keep up the exercise and still ate a lot of junk food, so I gained back 20 lbs before I left. I have now lost that and a little bit more, probably because my muscles atrophied :sad:. Even though my schedule is crazy, I will not give up exercising because I don't want to be what I once was.
  • danger2011
    danger2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I lost 47 pounds since the birth of my baby. I actually weigh less than when I got pregnant. I know that I love running....its just sometimes...I get lost in the compliments and want my old metabolism back! I appreciate all your support....and let me tell you! I am going to be up early running on my treadmill tomorrow! Thanks everyone!