Trying Hard

Options
I have been trying to lose weight, be active and eat healthy now for a few years. I go back and forth. I have lost 22 lbs this year so far. I am very happy with my efforts and want to continue but it is very hard to do. This whole lifestyle change is like twisting your body in ways it doesn't want to go...you know what I mean?

Replies

• Dsmart
    Dsmart Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight, be active and eat healthy now for a few years. I go back and forth. I have lost 22 lbs this year so far. I am very happy with my efforts and want to continue but it is very hard to do. This whole lifestyle change is like twisting your body in ways it doesn't want to go...you know what I mean?
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    You are doing great, keep up the good work. I know exactly what you mean, I haven't gotten my calories down to what they suggest yet, but I am working on it.
  • Dsmart
    Dsmart Posts: 10
    Options
    I do pretty good with the calories but the excercise part is just sometimes too difficult to do. I can keep my calories between 1200-1600 pretty easily for some reason and that is down from 2300 calories so I've done pretty good but it's been step by small step and sometimes I go backwards but I keep moving forward. I read alot of David Wolfe's books and John Robbins books too. They keep my focus where I want it to be. My attention is on fruits, veges and water, lots of water. I eat 5 servings of fruits and veges daily and 100 oz of water or at least I try. Drinking the water has really helped me in my goals. Sometimes when I am having trouble sticking to my health goals I make a list of what I will eat for the day and approxiament times and follow that. It helps too.