have a general question

Options
I have been logging into MFP now for a while and have been staying within a reasonable calorie range 12-1400 per day. I am also exercising 6 times a week following the slim in six exercise program. I am have only lost 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I read the success stories and get so jealous. How are some people losing so much weight in such a short period of time?

Replies

• Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Weightloss ranges with different people. Don't be jealous you are losing weight and that is the main thing. I think for me, my first week, I lost lots of 'fluid' weight from drinking so much water and going to the toilet so much! Also remember if you are doing lots of weight training everyone says muscle weighs heavier than fat - could be a contributing factor. But keep it up, don't get disheartened!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's harder to lose when you're older. Keep it up! There's lots of other factors like fat lost vs. muscle you're gaining. Frequency of voiding and much, much, much more.
  • brittanybark
    Options
    always consider that it could be muscle or waterweight...make sure your weighing yourself when you get up in the morning not at night and try taking your body fat percentage every month or 2 and see if it is decreasing that will show you what your losing (or try measuring yourself)... dont get discouraged or jealous everybody is different.
  • rebrafe
    Options
    I have been on here for probably the same amount of time and have experienced similar results as yours. I actually gained my initial loss back! I was very upset. Things are starting to get better though and I am just happy that I am getting healthier - even though I REALLY want to lose 20 lbs! Keep working hard - things will kick in soon :)
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Be proud of the three pound loss! There's so many factors in how fast individuals lose weight. I've heard that after age 30 it is slower, if you've had children then it is slower because of all the changes in your body, if you have a higher body fat percentage it's slower (as someone with alot of muscle will burn the fat faster). Definitely add in weight training and you may stall at first, but in no time at all your be burning fat like crazy!

Also, how much weight do you have to lose? If you don't have much to lose it will be a long time coming sadly... My weight used to come off fast when I had more to lose, but now I'm lucky if I lose 1 pound a week because I'm about 18 pounds from my goal. Which 1 pound a week is more maintainable anyways, so consider it a blessing!