Having trouble eating enough

Options
calories. Since I got my food logging down I started exercising but I have a terrible time eating enough calories! Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Allegra289
    Options
    It might be easier for to to snack throughout the day...my best friend hardly eats enough or drinks enough in a given day just because it makes her nauseous to do so. If you are trying to eat at set times, I would try to just snack anytime you can to get those calories in. Also, maybe you can find some snacks that are high calorie (in a good way) without having large portions...remember you need the calories to lose weight...especially if you are working out!! Good luck!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try eating things that are higher in calories, but not necessarily in volume. That way you can eat about the same amount of food, but get more cals. Almonds and peanut butter or other natural fatty things are good for loading on the cals. Very small amounts have loads of cals, plus protein which is always good.
  • brittanybark
    Options
    If you are wanting to lose weight you should not be eating more then you are... when you excercise it gives you more calories when you eat those calories it is sort of taking it from your workout.. your workout are to burn calories not give you extra food!

I looked at your menu you seem to be doing very well with the eating.. you wanna stay above 16-1700 if you are wanting to lose weight and excercising consistently.
  • capnananda
    capnananda Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I need to mention that I am also breastfeeding. That alone burns between 200-600 calories a day.
  • brittanybark
    Options
    Wow you are burning alot of calories!!! lol

Hmmm...well it seems from your food diary like your eating is pretty good, you should open up your sodium column into your day too, I like keeping track of it because it has alot to do with weight loss =]]

If you decide you still do want to fill up with more calories try eating avacodos, different type of wheat pastas, beans, almond butter(not jiffy kind) lol.

you could also eat chicken with brown rice and some sort of dressing (I like cream of mushroom soup over mine crockpotted all day!)
  • capnananda
    Options
    Thanks. :) I decided to decrease my daily calories a bit after reading up on how many calories breastfeeding burns. Since my baby is older and eats regular food I am not producing as much milk which makes the calorie burn lower. We will see how that goes.
  • brittanybark
    Options
    Nice haha!! and nice work on all that excercise... im barely able to do 45 minutes elliptical (so out of shape)... NICE JOB!!!!
  • capnananda
    Options
    Thank you! I am so proud of myself. I didn't even have the motivation but just kept going.
  • Babygotback82
    Options
    Yeah you are doing really well! Your eating is good, but if you want to eat more calories, I agree with the first lady, just try snacking more often. I eat breakfast, 3 hours later have a snack, 3 hours later lunch, 3 later snack, and 3 hrs later dinner. It seems to work well for me. Also maybe try using some weights or using your own bodyweight for exercises. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn and the more toned it makes you (smaller), and it keeps the weight off. I notice you do lots of eliptical which is awesome, but you need to incorporate some muscle toning exercises as well. Every year as you get older you lose muscle mass and bone density as well, so lifting weights prevents that as well.